Forum Discussion

Ctop
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet in Sandiego CA goes out same time 8-9pm pst

So I have a 500 MBPS and 10 up.  The whole day I can game download massive files, remove into work and watch Tv, with zero issues.    

but suddenly at 8pm pst when I try to game to relax my internet will drop to sup 20 MBPS and I will have 80-100% packet loss. It will stay this way going up and down till 9pm PST.  Then everything is like nothing happened, I can download massive files, game on the game I wanted to play an hour ago but couldn’t because of some reason, I can have every tv on in the house streaming a different service with no issues.   

I get told it’s the modem having issues, but I don’t think that’s the case.   They say the signal is fine while I’m sending cox agents pictures of kbps speed and 100% packet loss.  

anyone else having anything the same

5 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Ctop

I apologize for the experience and would love the opportunity to investigate your concern. The next time you experience this please send us an email with your full name, full address, and a URL to this thread. Send it to cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Ctop
      New Contributor

Well that will be tonight then.   I contact support every night I email them pictures showing 80%+ packet loss and KBPS download while I’m on the phone with an agent.  

the only response I get is well let’s restart the modem check the cables and the tide and true, our signal looks fine here it must be your equipment.  

I get that it’s hard to find an answer when you’re not there but at the same time I was literally experiencing it while on the phone with them and they said they saw no issues.   If the modem or router was going bad I wouldn’t be experiencing it only at 8-9 then everything is back to normal

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        Ctop,

I completely understand your frustration and you are right that it is harder to trace without being there. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try though. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us by email once you see this happening. Hopefully, we will be able to catch it.

David
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Evan_H
    New Contributor

This has been happening to me too, for the past 2 weeks. everyday at 7:30 then comes back up at 10 on the dot. I have .01-1 upload and totally normal download I'm In AZ tho which weird 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi@Evan H

I completely understand the frustration of having an inconsistent internet signal. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address and reference this post so that we can investigate the issues you have been having.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator