Forum Discussion

Giede75
New Contributor
4 years ago

Huge packet loss at street

So for the past 8-10 weeks ive had horrible packet loss at the street. Ive had 3-4 techs sent out and they all do the test at the street first and they all have said the same thing. Huge packet loss at the street lines need to be replaced and it is effecting even my neighbors most likely. They would need to send out an emergency repair crew since the technician cant do this and they would be out in 24-72 hours to make the repairs. Well after the 3rd tech has came and said the same thing and every time I call after each visit the ticket says my issue has be resolved but still have huge packet loss and 10-100 mbps usually under 50 mbps when im paying for gigablast. From the looks of it im guessing its a major issue under the street and they just don't wanna spend the time or money on fixing it at this rate. But they are willing to send out another tech to tell me the same thing again 😛

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Giede75

I've checked the area and it appears there was a node split the was completed on 9/29/20. The last tech visit was 9/27/20 I also, checked the modem signal levels and not showing any packet loss. If you're still having an issue we would need to schedule another tech out since the split has been completed. Please send an email with your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com if you like to have a tech visit.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator