Forum Discussion

mikechai0827
New Contributor
5 years ago

Gigablast Slow Speed

Hello,

I recently upgraded my internet to Cox Gigablast but I am not getting the speed that is advertised. 

• Modem - Netgear CM1000 Docsis 3.1 (Swapped twice because the tech advised that the previous modems were defecive)
  • Router - Netgear AX8

I have been having this issue since I upgraded and I tried using different computer and I know for sure that the Ethernet port supports gigabit connection. All of my connection tests are hardwired directly to the modem and I am only getting an average speed of 200-350Mbps.

I had 2 technician visit already and they could not figure why am I not getting speed they checked my line and it's showing good signal. I have been reading the forum and it seems that a lot of Gigablast customers are having the same issue, can someone point me in the right direction who to contact or maybe give me a solution to this problem if you have one.

Thank you.

3 Replies

• Hello. The modem is up and running with a good signal and no unusual latency. Are you plugging your device into the modem when running the test? If so, please unplug the router and plug the device up to the modem and then run the test(s) again. Also, is this issue happening with multiple devices in the home or just this one? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator
      mikechai0827
      New Contributor

Yes and that is always what I do whenever I do a connection test.

Becky
        Hi Mike, how many devices (wired and wireless) do you have in your home? Are all devices experiencing slow speeds? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator