- I used tohave250-350Mbps down 2 years ago but Cox has throttled down some older DOCSIS 3.0 modems to only have access to the essential 150mbps speed. If Cox didn't have a monopoly on internet service providers in my area I'd switch ASAP. Probably just trying to sell more of their junk modem rentals to unwitting customers and take advantage of their lack of knowledge.
- I used to have 200MbpsX10Mbps service in which I could regularly get 220X15 speeds via a speed test. I upgraded to 250X10 service and now I get around 180X10 on speed tests. My modem is a SURFboard SB6141, which is theoretically capable of 300Mbps x 100Mbps. What gives here? I'd hate to buy a new modem and get the same speeds. Could I borrow one for a day from Cox you think?
- Using anARRIS / SurfboardSB6183. Have Essential Internet with 150mbps download. 2 days ago the internet started throttling to 30down/3up constantly. Techs have come out to check all hardware and connections. Their only solution to getting back to 150 download was to change the modem out to a 3.1 version. However the list of approved modems from Cox is listing the SB6183 as good for "preferred" speeds which should be higher than essential. Anybody else having this problem? I don't really want a new modem when the company says this one should work fine. It is also less than a year old.
- I have lived in my home for 3 years. I have always had the gigablast internet with unlimited data. I have also always had issues with my speed and connection. Never getting above 300Mbps down. I have contacted customer service in the past regarding the issues nothing ever gets solved so I am posting for others to be weary. For the last 3 years I have had panoramic WiFi and over the last several months my panoramic router just keeps dropping the connection. Then it boots back up and I have to manually reset it to get my smart devices and things to connect again. I was sick of it. So I went to Best Buy and bought a new Netgear modem and a top tier router. All Docsis 3.1 capable and and gigabit download capable. I am still only getting speeds in the 300Mbps down. But at least with my new Linksys gaming router and this new modem all my devices will auto reconnect which is something they would not do before. I am super frustrated and I may just switch my ISP. I hear OEC now offers fiber in my area.I feel lied to and cheated by Cox. I have tried every speed test site out there I have disabled WiFi and connected directly to the modem and done speed test still never better than 350Mbps down. I have tried those same test at different times still no improvement. Why have I been paying for gigablast if I never get those speeds. If anyone knows of any way to resolve this issue I am open to suggestions. I am tired of having to rest my modem or router and I am tired of my connection always randomly dropping and booting back up at all time of the day and night. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- How is it that Cox charges the most for the Gig speeds and has the slowest up / down speeds in comparison. Cox says 940 down and 35 up all for the price of $120 + extra for unlimited data and panoramic wifi ATT says 940 down and 880 up for $60 Google 1 gig has 940 down 940 up with whole home wifi and no data caps for $70 Google 2 Gig says 2 gig down and 1 gig up withWi-Fi 6 multi-gig router and tri-band Mesh Extender included also no data caps included for $100 Xfinity offers 1.2gigbut says 940 down and 35 up for $100 Verizon Fios says 940 down and 880 up for $75 When is cox going to start offeringbetter uploads speeds like their competitors or if you are unable to provide the same service as your competitors then you should lower you service cost to atleast match the competition.
- Having the same issues as this previous post:https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/25888/cox-not-updating-firmware-on-router-modem/101170#101170. OP said they were able to get it resolved but only when the Cox support team wanted to. I am having the same experience that they described with call-in support - no help. Tried to ask what firmware they're using and they said they don't know what firmware they're using but at least they update it all the time. Not helpful. The author in the above article had the same problem almost a year ago and they have the same equipment as me - doesn't seem like firmware is updated often. Just going to steal the previous author's post because I have the same gear and situation: Cox is not pushing out the latest firmware to my router/modem and then wants to up charge me to fix it. I bought a brand new router/modem approved by cox and cox had to help set it up. I asked to make sure they pushed the latest firmware. A week later I am still having the same issue. They want me to add the home care package to my account and pay more money. Netgear has provided the latest firmware to Cox version 1.02.12 yet cox is running me in circles and will not update. C7000v2 https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-modem-router
I have the unlimited data plan for $50 each month yet cox reduced my gigablast plan to 50m download 3m upload which is completely inadequate, for 90 days because they think I am HARMING others connection in the neighborhoodI purchased the unlimited plan because I need to use a lot of data and you are saying I'm actually not allowed to do that? the person also in a insulting manner say he could not remove the limit nor could his fu**** supervisor. just because they see my usage as not appropriate they punish me? and btw they formally downgraded my service so it's not me "feeling like" it is throttling. anyone has the same problem?
- Really hard to maintain a live stream when my upload speed drops to below 1 mb/s every night until I get so mad I log off for the night. You expect everyone to continue to pay ridiculous prices for purposely controlled speeds the directly impact the reason we use your service. It’s disgusting.
- Upload speed has been below 0.10 mbps recently if not lower. My download speeds have been perfectly fine. I cant figure out the problem and i cant find any other forum post like this that has been answered ,But it seems like a lot of people are having this issue. Speed Test Results
- Has anyone else had problems with their cox modem? Had mine for a year then suddenly started cutting internet in and out. They did a "health check" and said it was unhealthy and sent me a "brand new one". the new one did the same. they did a health check and said it was fine and wanted to schedule a technician because my internet was also lagging. I bought a third party modem and my internet is great again. Was it my modem or a screw up on their part?