Forum Discussion

DKRL
New Contributor
6 years ago

Frequent "insufficient bandwidth" on Amazon and Netflix

January 28, 2019

Dear Cox,

Rare are the times when I can watch an Amazon or Netflix movie or series without countless "insufficient bandwith" messages.  Many times it happens five or six times during an hour.  

Is this why I pay over $200 a month with Cox.

Thanks for letting me know how to fix this issue.  It is very frustrating.  (For your information, I have had several calls in the past regarding a loose wire on the transmitter.)

Debra Lindsay 

Lincolnia Park

Alexandria, Virginia 

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, thank you for reaching out to us in regards to this issue, and we are truly sorry you're experiencing these ongoing service issues. After researching the account, we are detecting signal issues in regards to the modem. Would you mind forwarding this to our cox.help@cox.com team for further troubleshooting?

Also, can you please check to ensure that all cables are tightly secured and free of damage? If you have a splitter, I would recommend removing it and running the cable directly to the wall. Lastly, please make sure any amplifiers you may have are not only plugged in but also in good, working condition. We look forward to having this issue resolved for you. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator