Forum Discussion

cupojo
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Data usage by device

This is what it says on your help page:

you can use the Panoramic Wifi app to see which devices are using the most data in your household

where is this option?

3 Replies

cupojo
    New Contributor II

In case anyone finds this thread because they have the same question, here is the official answer:

I believe the app was recently updated it will no longer show how much data each device is using it will only show the time spent online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spj-I-8_3UQ shows where it used to be available about 1 minute into the video. This is meant for parents to help limit screen time for children and to see if they are using the internet at times they should not. The only monitor for actual data usage I'm aware of is the overall usage for your network that can be displayed with the data usage meter. I have alerted our marketing team to let them know our website needs to be updated. I have also submitted a feature request to see if we can get the options back to measure actual data amounts and not the amount of time

• Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

• What link do you have for this "Help Page"?

From the app named "Cox WiFi" on Android, when I tapped "Data Usage" it launched the "Cox" main app instead. So, there are no data usage features in the WiFi app at all.

Within the Cox app, I was unable to find per-device stats, which stands to reason, because Cox wouldn't necessarily have that broken down from the upstream side.