Forum Discussion

SDC94
New Contributor II
10 days ago

Cox to Yahoo email boondoggle...I want recompense

EST time - sometime, mid-day, the Yahoo servers started rejecting email login. That is with our usual  Outlook client (which was working ok earlier). Then, I went to FF to login to Yahoo mail via browser, which we hate. No go. Kept getting Time Out errors, Yahoo server wouldn't connect.

Spent a BP rising, 45 or so minutes with Yahoo 'support' via phone. After having to 'verify' my account - the account had nothing to do with connection issues, the (obviously not US based support person) finally acknowledged that Yahoo had a known issue...try back in a couple of hours.

I then, stupidly I suppose, tried to question said support person on how I could get a credit for the down time, however long it might be. I'm sure my monthly 'Internet' portion of the Cox bill includes email...which Cox no longer provides since Cox has outsourced that to Yahoo.

So...who do I go to to get a credit? The Yahoo 'support' person had no idea. I don't either. But I'll go down to the local Cox shop to see what they might have to say. Should be interesting. 

5 Replies

SDC94
    New Contributor II

An oh, by the way...tried to add Tags.

Tags such as - Cox Support fail, Email Service Fail etc...

Was restricted to the one "Service Fail" tag. 

LisaH

Hi SDC94. I regret that we are unable to credit your account for a free benefit with your internet service. We have never charged for having an email account. I apologize that you are having issues with the yahoo servers, however, we have no control over them as we don't own their services. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. If we can ever assist you with any Cox service related issues or concerns, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

SDC94
        New Contributor II

I don't use X or Facebook. Calling Cox 'support' is an exercise in frustration, and the local Cox storefront isn't much better.

Nothing is ever 'free'. Just because email ervice isn't a line item on the monthly bill doesn't mean that the fees aren't baked into 'internet service' as a whole.

Too, I doubt seriously that Yahoo decided to host Cox email customers just out of the goodness of their corporate hearts.