Forum Discussion

FelineFather
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Constant Dynamic Range Window violations

I have been getting subpar Download speeds 300 - 500 since the morning of 04/16 when I usually got around 850 - 960

My Event Log is filled with Dynamic Range Window violation errors and my modem is an ARRIS SB8200

I have already gone through the typical fan fair of the App -> Called and had modem reset -> Factory Reset -> and my modem has the most recent software

I have seen a lot of people having the same issues but have yet to see anyone have it resolved

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CUXalb4E8b39nxTiyyYEjuGBH-himtKd/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/122SRJr4bDrSJAGeVhaHsYuXgaRDT2Eeo/view?usp=sharing

Becky
    3 years ago
    Hi FelineFather, your slow speeds may be a result of intermittent packet loss as a result of ingress. I think we should take a closer look! Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com so we can get this resolved for you. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • You don't mention whether the speeds you are seeing are from wired or wireless clients or how you are measuring these speeds (i.e. Cox speed test, Speedtest.net, Fast.com, etc)

FelineFather
      New Contributor

These are speeds from Cox Speed test and are then same with other speed testing services

Dave9
      Contributor III

Dynamic Range Window is related to upstream power. It doesn't have a significant impact on your download speeds. Also the logs you posted appear to show a large number of DRW violations during modem startup but then none for at least 2 hours after that. DRW violations during modem startup can be ignored.

Becky
      Hi FelineFather, your slow speeds may be a result of intermittent packet loss as a result of ingress. I think we should take a closer look! Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com so we can get this resolved for you. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        FelineFather
        New Contributor

Will do! Is their anyway I can direct the email to yall to show you have reviewed my forum post?