Forum Discussion

MasterMyDomain
Contributor
4 years ago

Cannot Sign in due to political message

I cannot sign in to my Cox account from 2 different computers because of the following message:

“We stand in solidarity with the peaceful protesters. We will advocate and fight for those whose voices need to be heard and against ideals that violate out values. Read more>”

I won’t click on “Read more >” out of fear it is a malware link.

Clicking on “Sign In My Account” kicks me out of Cox.com/residential/home and sends me to

webcdn2.cox.com/.../login.html

This is Cox’s alternate sign in page with a picture of a happy couple and the title “With My Account, you're in control
Manage your account, pay bills and more anytime, anywhere.
Residential Sign In
User ID”

I won’t sign in from this page out of fear it is a phishing malware link.

I cleared my cookies and cache, ran a virus scan, and reset the modem. I doubt the problem is with my computer since my wife’s is doing the same thing. She never signs in to Cox. I first noticed this late at night on 6/4/20.

Is anyone else having this problem?

10 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

i also get kicked to that page for sign-in without difficulty.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's worst than phishing...a virtue-signaling attempt!

MasterMyDomain
      Contributor

I can't believe they would be stupid enough to do that.  What next, endorsing POTUS candidates?  Supporting repeal of the 2nd Amendment?  Advocating bike lanes on the freeway?  Requiring face mask be worn when home alone, even when sleeping?

MasterMyDomain
      Contributor

Thanks for the tip but I don't use Cox email.  All I want to do is check my phone call history..  I download it and use it to decide which numbers to block.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

There a link in the upper-left of the webmail page ("Cox"), and it'll take you to your Cox profile...which has another link (Account Overview) with phone things n' stuff.