Forum Discussion

DLLN
New Contributor
4 years ago

$50 Remote Service Appointment Fee

https://imgur.com/5UGOfF2

I've had three different technicians out to fix these speeds. The third tech said it was the modem I owned and charged me $50 for the visit. Today I went and got a rental modem from Cox. Still the same speeds. Customer service is now refusing to credit back the $50 even though the issue was clearly not the hardware I own.

At this point I just don't want to be charged for that visit and deal with the degraded speeds. I just don't like being taken advantage of by my ISP. From what I understand, the reason I was charged is because the tech came to the "conclusion" that my modem was the issue. By using a rental modem, I have proven that is not the case.

What can I do for this charge to be removed?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DLLN, I apologize for the inconvenience, however, the Support Forums are for technical issues that the members of the forum can assist each other with. If you need assistance with a billing issue please feel free to contact us via Facebook, Twitter @coxhelp, email cox.help@cox.com, or through our online Chat: www.cox.com under contact us. Include a link to this thread and include your complete home address to get started.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator