How do I locate the caller ID section to turn it on so that the incoming telephone number shows on the tv screenHere is the information for the newer cox contour cable box: Cox Phone tv settings. Cox phone caller id settings for tv, 2023. You need to do this from your tv contour remote. Menu > "Preferences"> cox voice > (Set to "on" or "off" ). "Voice" control is for the tv caller id settings.
- Our home alarm system has worked fine with Cox phone service for over 10 years now. But on April 6 it stopped working and started getting a failed communication error. After various troubleshooting steps and verifying that all wiring was fine, I found the following: 1. If I call the number the alarm system is dialing from my Cox phone line, I get a message saying that the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service. 2. If I call the number from my cell phone, I get an answer and an immediate computer/modem tone, as expected. I tried working with someone via Cox live chat, but had difficulty getting them to understand the situation and gave up when I was told that they couldn't/wouldn't escalate my issue because they did not find any numbers blocked on my account, so they couldn't help me. Cox should seriously re-think their live chat personnel training, because telling a customer with a technical issue that they can't help and won't escalate does not generate a positive image in any way. In fact, that one interaction has me already seriously considering switching service providers for phone and Internet to a different company. Just to be certain, I contacted my alarm service provider next and verified that they have not disconnected or terminated service on any of the local alarm access numbers. I double checked and verified that I still got a disconnected message when dialing the alarm monitoring number from the Cox phone, and that I got an answer by a computer/modem when calling from other service providers. So, it's back to Cox to try and get this issue resolved. I need to know how to contact someone who is competent and willing to go beyond checking my account to sort out this issue. Since the options shown on the web site are to use the live chat, show up at a Cox store, or use the support forum, I'm trying here (I shouldn't have to spend my time and fuel to try and get someone at Cox to look into what they changed which broke my alarm system's monitoring). It would be nice if the web site's "Contact Cox" page had a number to call for local support if needed, or at least a number for issues that the live chat people are clearly not equipped to help with.
- I had a modem for my Cox services (wifi and voice) for about 5 years. It died and I "upgraded" to a panoramic wifi gateway (model CGM4140COM). The only change was switching out the devices. When I try to use the phone, there is no dial tone. I checked all the physical connections, the cord from the phone to TEL 1 port, the wifiworks, but the voice service with my phone does not work. I can view the missed calls online in my account data though. I reviewed the troubleshooting steps listed online and used the online assistant, to no avail. They scheduled a tech to check it out, but I'd prefer to fix it before that occurs. Any ideas on what it could be?
- We havethe ARRIS modem setup where your phone directly plugs into the back. The past 7 month people calling my coxline line cant hear us because the phone cut in and out. Today we received a new ARRIS modem and it is installed correctly and the cordless phone still cut in and out. What should be my next step to check before purchasing a brand new cordless phone system, that may not even solve the problem????
Have had unknown long distance telephone charges for calls we did not make. Cox refuses to acknowledge they have a problem. What can I do.We have had two calls on bill that we did not make. Cox says they came from our phone. One person even said anyone can use our phone (I assume they meant with our permission), but we did not give permission for the calls and were unaware that they were made. They were both to Arkansas. But, last month one was made to Topeka, KS that we didn't make. Why does this keep happening?
- Excellent service at last! From Paula in Omaha, Nebraska. Called Cox 4 times to get a call intercept on our old phone number for our new forced/changed phone number This last time worked- over the course of 3+ weeks, spoke to many cust service people.
- This has been going on for at least a day now in the Cleveland Ohio area. The wrong time is being sent from COX in the Caller Id data. Currently it is 11:30 PM but COX is sending 9:30 AM as the time. This has been reported by others on the DSL Reports forums too:www.dslreports.com/.../r32206313-FL-COX-Voice-sending-incorrect-time Please FIX.
- Looking at old posts from 7 or 8 months ago where folks from Northern Virginia were asking when the Simultaneous Ring option was coming our way so we could use Nomorobo, the Cox Corp response, was "please be patient." Well, it's been a LONG time! If you can't get us Simultaneous Ring, how about you create a robo blocker and implement it with our current technology? I am SO TIRED of these ROBOTIC calls!
- WARNING-- wish Cox stop pushing to sell products people don't need and or ask for. I have been customer since November 2014 and never have a need or use battery to operate my modem until a flyer came with monthly bill that I may need one. after received the battery, I installed it immediately. I was thinking having battery will bring improvement "none interrupted/disconnection" of service to the modem. having battery does not reduce the interruption/disconnection that comes every now and then. why push the products that produce no added value to the service customer receives only to maximize company's profit? I hope readers learn from my mistakes not to purchase any product they don't need. Especially residential customer who have been with the company for a long time. that's all I have for now. Thanks to all readers of this article and you are warned. Femi.