- What is going on with all the Robo Calls, when NOMOROBO is activated... and has been for many years?????? I believe that our government has given phone providers a deadline of July 30, 2021 to install a WORKING robo call blocker, such as STIR?SHAKEN. So far today, on a Sunday, I have had 17 robo calls. This is ridiculous!!! More than half to almost ALL the calls in a month's time are ROBO CALLS! Does COX REALLY care about their customers? In m y case we do not have another provider available in the area.... That is truly a monopoly! Anyone else having an extreme amount of ROBO CALLS. I know my neighbors are having the same issue and we are all NOMOROBO robo call blocking feature.
Are "robocalls" (which could be annoying but legitimate) and outright scam calls treated the same by NOMOROBO?Over the last 2 days I've received 4 scam phone calls from the "Windows Refund Department". All of the calls came in as different numbers and I've reported them all to NOMOROBO (which I'm still skeptical is doing anything for me). Does NOMOROBO consider a scam call a robocall; in other words, does it also try to block scammers or just annoying robocallers? I'm ready to rip the phone out of the wall. Rob
when can digital voice customers use NOMOROBO,cox has been working on this forever.Al other providers offer customers the serice. What is happening that digital voice customers have to wait?Digital voice customers want NOMOROBO. Come on Cox, do something about this.
- Looking at old posts from 7 or 8 months ago where folks from Northern Virginia were asking when the Simultaneous Ring option was coming our way so we could use Nomorobo, the Cox Corp response, was "please be patient." Well, it's been a LONG time! If you can't get us Simultaneous Ring, how about you create a robo blocker and implement it with our current technology? I am SO TIRED of these ROBOTIC calls!
- Received info that Simulianeous ring is now available to use nomorerobo on my COX phone. Spent several hours on phone with Tech help, in the end they said this is a new system and no one seems to know how to get it to work. I was advised to call back later when they know how to get it to work. Currently it will not accept any phone number to block. Any advise.
- Ok after several attempts to try and get Nomorobo set up found out that the Simultaneous Ringing is not available yet! According to Cox Chat told me "Chris R.:Joanne, I have checked your account, in this case, I am sorry to tell you that simultaneous ring neither Nomorobo are available in your area, please check your bill statement every month in order to see when it is enabled.We are working as quick as we can in order to give all our customers this benefits in the closest future. However, there is not an estimated time". So now I left to wonder why it is listed in phone features but yet not available and they don't know when it will be?
- Since being migrated over to the Cox switching facilities that support simultaneous ring for Nomorobo, we now seethe US country code of "1" as a prefix to the Caller ID number info we receive for calls from US numbers (i.e. 757-555-0150 now shows as 1-757-555-0150). It appears the entire 11 digitUS numbers are now being passed without the country code being truncated. This started for us on the date we were migrated over. I didn't know then what the included prefix starting on that date meant, but I do now after being informed that was the date our service was migrated over (See disclaimer below). DISCLAIMER: I don't know if this applies to everyone. However, it did for our household here in Hampton Roads, VA.
- Nomorobo now lists Cox as a carrier for their service. However, I subsequently signed up for Nomorobo only to find out that simultaneous ring is only available in a few select Cox markets. Any idea when simultaneous ring will be available in the Hampton Roads, VA market? Thanks.
- I can't find any way to talk to nomorobo human-to-human, and Cox isn't able to provide, but I need a 520 area code (Tucson) number to use for the simulaneous ring for nomorobo. The one I was provided is a 602 number, and I'm being charged for each call intercepted as a long distance call to Phoenix. Are there any users in Tucson that have a 520 number they are using for the service?
- Evidently Cox has been implementing simultaneous ring (to allow Nomorobo) to work in selected markets. When is the Northern Virginia market going to be included? nomorobo.zendesk.com/.../360001351692-Cox Thank you.