- There are a lot of complaints about service availability on this forum yet no answers. The responses are all the same... "We are sorry, feel free to contact us, have a nice day.". I am beyond frustrated and entirely dissatisfied with Cox. I am trapped as Cox has a monopoly in my area. I have been having connectivity issues consistently over the past few months. Last night (I work nights) internet was down from 9:30 pm until 9am this morning. The only answers are we are aware and working on it. That's my number one frustration is poor reliability with zero consistent results In resolving and no accountability. Where else do you pay for service, not get it, but are still required to pay????. My second frustration is the service level. I pay for 900+G service but have never gotten much over 300G. It's like renting a limosine but getting a compact. I have never encountered amore dishonest company than Cox. They need to offer everyone their fastest service but prorate based on what is actually delivered. I can't wait until I can move away from Cox. Guaranteed they would be out of business with these unethical practices if they weren't a monopoly!
- Back in January, (due to the holidays) I had to set up a post dated payment to prevent my services from being cut off. I did so, I MANUALLY entered my card information, double checked and set up the payment. The day the payment was charged, for some reason it was declined and returned.The first thing I did was call my bank, checked for blocks and funds and EVERYTHING WITH MY BANK WAS IN ORDER. When I saw I was charged another fee for this I called and spoke to a supervisor and was then informed AFTER he verified my which card I used, that they had a different card on file (only on their end because it did not appear on my end) I haven't had this card in years and did not even have saved anywhere on my account. I have called and chatted several times, with supervisors and regular employees, I have been hung up on twice over this, I was a assured a supervisor would call me back ASAP and still nothing. I was informed my case was passed on several times to someone who can help me. Not once have I gotten a call back or update on my case. (Above and beyond with their customer service apparently). When I finally called back, I was told it was denied again and I do not find this is not a fair practice. What is comes down to is Cox charging ME a fee for THEIR mistake (twice!) and getting away with it by giving me the run around. I have been a customer of Cox since 2007 (not 2010 like they told me!) I have spent thousands of dollars as a customer for the past 12 years, and this forum is my last attempt at giving Cox the chance to do right by a long time customer otherwise we part ways here.
- I have a rental property in Mesa, Arizona. My renters wanted a cable package included, so I gave in and contacted Cox. Initially I asked for a package rate advertised as 89.99, basic cable/internet (For lack of a better word as they will say, there is no "Basic" cable Mr. Campbell). Whatever, so on the day of installation I called to check on everything. I found out my "Basic" cable was only local channels, nothing "Cable" about it. (They got me on a play of words). I asked then to update to "Cable," from what I had initially asked for. The lady was insistent I had to deal with her, not the installer, whom by the way was explained by my father overseeing the installation as "All over the place, like he was on drugs, and in an extreme hurry." I had purchased an independent modem as I was not wanting to pay for the "Modem" they wanted to charge me for. I added the "Phone" package, it was cheaper with the phone, as opposed to without the phone, didn't need it, but whatever. I asked what my total bill would be when the lady informed me $127.30, inclusive of taxes for the first year, and the second year would be $147.30. This was a two year agreement, cancellation would be pro-rated each month. Sorry, the internet was 100 mb speeds, and 140 channels for cable, with two tv's connected. I have chatted with cox at least 4 times over this mess, and still nothing! They credited a one time credit, but why if they were "Right?" I was not "Told" about some panoramic box I needed to "Work the phone!" That is a bunch of BS, getting me in, right! I would have cancelled right away if I was in Arizona, trust me, but my renters needed internet for their business purposes, and I was tired of dealing with finding a provider. I can say, I will be cancelling services when I move there in June! I own my own handyman business, and I will be sharing this story on my feeds, and in person! I cannot get my chat logs to paste, its good for them I cannot! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE WITH COX COMMUNICATIONS! They tell you one thing, and then do another. AND, if the conversations are recorded, why can they not find the conversation I am referencing? BS!
Anyone have ACP dept phone # --Representatives should be educated better about ACP and not be condescendingExtremely frustratedand saddened at the treatment and lack of knowledgeby some Cox employees. I called requesting to speak to the ACP dept. I have spoken to them in the past and the gentleman told me there were two specific people assigned to these accounts. I do not know why the agents act like they have no idea what I am talking about, its a secret & refuse to provide the number or transfer. When I then ask for "customer service" I find out later that they say "Oh well I am tech support, not customer service but.... " wait what? So not only you cant help me but you lied. I was transferred 4 times- all agents tried to tell me I was notgoing to get a better deal. **I want to downgrade my service. I can notafford it.** it isnot about a better deal. Not sure what they do notunderstand.It is the whole reason I have the ACP. I only temporarily upgraded while the kids were all home for the holidays. Eventually, I get tto "loyalty & retention" because Im told if I can notafford the bill any longer at the 1G price maybe I should cancel & provideme the local storesaddress to return the equipment. Great way to treat a customer of over 10 years. Finally, I gave up and I did the downgrade myself online (more than half the speed) and now my bill is TRIPLE what it was. Seems dishonest and shady. Why cant I speak to the dept that handles ACP accts? They were so helpful. I should not be treated poorly or talked down to because I have a coupon. Can anyone please help?Solved
- If you don't want to read this paragraph at the bottom about me complaining about Cox, then just read this: " The Cox Panoramic wifi modem/router that you rent for 11$ a month does not work the way it is advertised, and you are much better off going with a separate modem and router that is meant for providing high speed internet service". This type of internet works for laptops, Netflix, and basic streaming services. But when it comes to playing online video games, forget it. Even if you use the ethernet, you only will get between 200-300Mbps download, and 2.9Mbps upload speed. These speeds still lag when you play online video games". I decided to upgrade my service to cox Gigablast as of 20March2020. With the world under quarantine, especially the entire state of California, I said okay I definitely cannot deal with the Lag on PS4 that I have been dealing anymore. So I went to the local cox store after setting up my new service online and picked up my device. The customer service representative said it wasn't necessary that I rent the device, as I could buy a separate modem and router from Best Buy or where-ever, but it would cost about $400 with a separate modem and router. I decided to try out the cox panoramic modem+router combo that they offer for 11$ a month. I go home, plug it in and it was a super easy set up using the app for it. I connect it to my PS4 and test the connection. This piece of garbage (which is supposed to put out up to 900+ mbps basically almost 1 Gbps) only put out 24.9 Mbps download and 2.4 Mbps upload. This is down right criminal at these speeds. But before I called my lawyer, I decided to call tech support, so that someone could come out and see if the signal needs to be adjusted at my apartments. They are supposed to come out tomorrow (March 23, 2020) and hopefully fix it. Just the fact that I have to go the extra mile, and MAYBE get the issue fixed is absolutely ridiculous.My apartments are literally ONLY able to get Cox service. Isn't this considered a MONOPOLYat this point, since there is no other competition available? I have always had so many issues with cox, and its sad that they can't provide the working class of the America a fast internet service, especially whatwe are paying them for. I will hopefully remember to make another post tomorrow afterPAYING a tech support member a FEE in order to get my SERVICE that I justPAID for to WORK like it is ALREADY SUPPOSED TO. If it doesn't, well maybe I need to start putting this money that I am paying for this BS service towards law school, so that I can sue them into bankruptcy. Either that or call my friend at the local new station and put this company in the spotlight. Oh and if you don't believe me, then why would they sell cox Panoramic Pods separately? I have my PS4 sitting right next to the wifi box and it doesn't do any better than 24.9mbps. if you plug it in via ethernet, the best that I got was just below 300mbps. This is a speed that still lags during a online video game like Call of Duty. If you don't want to read this paragraph above about me complaining about Cox, then just read this: " The Cox Panoramic wifi modem/router that you rent for 11$ a month does not work the way it is advertised, and you are much better off going with a separate modem and router that is meant for providing high speed internet service". This type of internet works for laptops, Netflix, and basic streaming services. But when it comes to playing online video games, forget it. Even if you use the ethernet, you only will get between 200-300Mbps download, and 2.9Mbps upload speed. These speeds still lag when you play online video games".
- So I come from a technical support job. I deal with internet providers across the country all day for a living. I have never dealt with such under trained and rude technical support (I've had 6 contacts in less than 24 hours) as I have the last two days. None of them were able to speak in proper English sentences and when I caught "Charles" (as if this is his real name) in a lie, he just stammered until he put me on an indefinite hold. The lie Charles said was that my router was receiving the signal from Cox and that it was the router that was the problem. Unfortunately for Charles, I unplugged the router 5 minutes beforehand and never plugged it back in just to see what he would say. After this, I was put on hold for over 15 minutes and called back, received another technician (who luckily spoke English) and they acknowledged the issue on Cox's end and my issue was resolved in under 5 minutes. Charles called back later to apologize for the call disconnecting and that no supervisors were available at which point I terminated the call.