- Just recently I have begun having problems with shows I am watching buffering. I have had the same Modem/Router, which I bought from Cox, for about one year. I have not had this problem before. Any ideas out there. I also am very unhappy about my recent rate increase. Paying more and getting worse service.
- I'm experiancing massive ping multiple times a day to the point using the internet for gaming is impossible and casual surfing is unbareably slow. I have a high speed package, and have had technicians come to the house and they havn't managed to fix the issue. Resetting the modem doesn't work and the problem still continues even when only one device is using the connection, someone Please help.
Saved emails in my personal folders in Old Cox email app are missing in same folders in New Cox Email app, how do I get them back?I've always stored emails I need to save in separate folders and I have around a dozen of them. I noticed that when all the Cox internet users were switched over to the new email app that all the data in my folders went missing. I never used the Cox Cloud backup that's going away, I stored my emails in folders on the Cox email web residential web site URL/app using my browser. The went missing when the old Cox email app was discontinued and replaced by the new Cox email app. I access Cox Email through the internet URL not through an email client on a PC or tablet. How do I get my folder emails I had stored on the old Cox Email web site back and show stored for access in the new Cox Email app?? Thanks!
- I have been fighting supposed high data usage. I unplugged all physical cables, and disabled wireless in my router. The only thing connected from Friday Afternoon to Sunday evening was the physical router. According to the Usage Meter for Cox, My usage over this period went from 308 gigs to 465 gigs. I have a D-link DIR-865L that used 157 gigs over 2 days by itself?? BTW I used this same router behind the Cox supplied router, that I never really used, and the usage was fine. When I got rid of the Cox Modem/router junk box and got my own Modem, this usage exploded to the tune of 37 gigs a day average. One day was reportedly 62 gigs in a single day, when I was 600 miles away. My Wi-Fi password is 47 characters long with cap and non-cap, numbers, and symbols. Every machine in the house was scanned with Spybot, Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Malware Bits, Panda, Norton system protection, MacAfee, and Trend Micro. All with negative results. Basically somehow an impossible amount of data usage is being reported on my account that cannot be accounted for. The router, with Wi-Fi disabled, should only check it's online connection to the internet and NTP address polling. All other services are turned off. Cox needs to have a LVL 4 tech support that you can get log files with source and destination MAC addresses so I can compare all MAC addresses in my network. I'm positive they won't, but it would be the smoking gun I need to prove the data usage is not on my end.
- I see many people are having this same issue but since I actually signed up to reply, this forum will only let me report abuse (what's with that?) I am seeing several with the same router/gateway, all have been on about 1 to 2 years. Netgear CG 3000d. My Internet goes out every afternoon around 1:30 PM. I can almost set the clock by this but it has been slowly getting later each day (been happening for a couple of months now.) They keep wanting to send someone out but since they can only give me a two hour window of when the might show up, that isn't going to help much. It makes no difference if I go through the entire reboot sequence, it just comes back on by itself, usually about 20 minutes but it was an hour the few week it started happening. I tried turning the modem off, first for a couple of hours, then for a week when I was on a trip. Can anyone give me a good explanation of how/why my modem could be doing this? I have it plugged directly in to the wall, I will try another outlet but that doesn't make any sense either.
- With the current policy of data caps I decided to track my usage at the router level. I just checked my cox account and from start of my billing cycle to yesterday (6-26-17 thru 7-11-17) states I have used 205 GB. When I check my router Netgear r7000 that I started tracking a day before my billing cycle to today (6-25-17 thru 7-12-17) states I used only 187GB. That is a discrepancy of 18GB! I would not care normally but since it is now policy to charge if and when we go over 1TB, this phantom data can be a means to charge overages. I highly disagree with any data caps in principle and function but if you choose to institute a cap then I expect it to be accurate. I want to know what Cox's stance on the accuracy on the data meter and discrepancies when I track my own. I would attach screen captures but your forum is too lackluster to properly insert. This is just a personal comment, data caps and penalties was a terrible idea and is the first time I am truly unhappy with my service and will be reviewing other service options.
- I brag about you guys a lot. But enough is enough. Why can't I see which account is using the most data? That's completely stupid. I had Cox for months now, and my usage has always been under 50%. Now all of a sudden, one day I use 339GB of data, and I can't see what device is using the most. I had an ASUS router which could break down the device, but the "top of the line" modem/router cannot do that? This is just dumb. Then one logging in to the modem, there are no logs. Any technical person knows that logs are the first thing you look for. As a "leader" in the digital age, I would imagine that you guys will check logs constantly, but if your PAYING consumers can't, then what's the point? The reason I stopped using my router was because it was getting hot, so I switch to the combo router, but it seems I must go back to the ASUS router and track my data. One of my devices could have went rouge, and I would not know. I'm in IT, so the first thing I check is logs, and since your phone technicians couldn't tell me the "password of the day" I am completely dissatisfied. All I was told is "change your password." IT'S THE DEFAULT PASSWORD ON THE MODEM! If no one else has access to my house then no one should be able to crack a WPA2 password...unless the modem is vulnerable. So please, get this fix, add this feature. It's no used to seeing if a device is connected, I can't do anything about it, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BLOCK THE CONNECTION!!! If I change my password, then I have to change everything, and that's a completely hassle. I do NOT want a credit, I just want to know which device is using data so I can check on it. Because how can I trust YOUR amount, when you can’t PROVE that I used this amount? I’m just so frustrated. I pay $100 a month for the top tier service, and I get treated like I don’t matter.
- Being as I have teenagers and I want our home Internet to be safe I have tried using OpenDNS. We have had Cox service for years and was able to use OpenDNS with absolutely no trouble on our old modem. However after moving recently and upgrading to the supposedly fastest cable modem available, Arris Touchstone TG2472, and logging in to the router I manually assigned the DNS addresses I want under both the IPv4 and IPv6, but OpenDNS still is not working. Under the 'utilites' tab I notice under WAN settings the old DNS settings provided by Cox are still listed there, but can't be altered from that screen, and under the direct WAN settings there is nowhere to adjust DNS settings, only under the LAN. I called Cox tech support and was told now that the DNS addresses are dynamically assigned and we as customers are no longer allowed to change them. Really Cox? If that's the case why on my old modem did I have no trouble with this? I hope this young man was mistaken, and if there is a way to get OpenDNS working on this particular cable modem I would like to know asap please. If not that is pretty shoddy customer service because we should have the option of what DNS servers we want to use, especially when we have children in the home.
- I am100% rated through the VA,I talked with the cox loyalty people back in June about my bill going up to $84 dollars.They fixed it to go back to $71 dollars starting in June.My ? is why do I pay taxes on my acct? I do not pay taxes on anything else.Please explain this to me.Thanks for your help.