- We've had two perfectly good tvs fried within 2 months of each other. Our main living room tv was 10 years old. Thought it was just old. We would get a black screen when we turned it on. Rather than go out and buy a new tv immediately, we brought in another one from a different room in the house. Tried to turn it on this morning and got the same exact black screen. What could be happening here? I'm beginning to think it has something to do with our cox equipment and not the tvs. We have a Cox provided modem+router combo and a cox contour boxwith this tv. All the other tvs in our house are fine. My husband is an electrician and has tested the outlet our surge protector goes into and confirmed power is fine.
Is there a problem with calling retention? I was disconnected twice and the third time I could barely hear the agent's voice - Jan 3/23I am a 24 year customer and haven't generally had a problem with Cox support or retention before. I was calling because of the excessively high TV bill and wanted to know what the options are for lowering my TV bill. When I called, the agents on the main 800 number all sent me to retention. The first time I connected to retention, the retention agent did not understand the phone number I provided for my account after I gave it three times, and disconnected me. The second time the IVR hung up on me. The third time, I could barely hear the agent and the TV offers he gave was more than I am paying now. The chat agent Joshbrylle P. WAS able to help somewhat and I appreciate him. It was frustrating trying to go through the IVR so many times and when I finally got through there were no options or help.
- Certain channels (50 bravo, 53 food, 59 syfy) routinely don't work on my DVR and say try again with XRE 03059 error. This is a chronic problem and seems to occur in the afternoon. I am paying for these channels. Cox needs to fix this or refund our money. Problem is not occurring on mini box
We are currently not with Cox TV, though we were for years. We do still use Cox internet service and would love to have the convivence of Alexa for locating channels. Will switch back when AOL and NEWSMAX are added to Cox Service!This is more of a suggestion or request, if you will, for Cox Service. We are currently not with Cox TV, though we were for years! We do still use Cox internet service and would love to have the convenience of using Alexa for locating channels. The only reason for our not having Cox TV is that the news lineup does not include AOL ad NEWSMAX news service. Cox might gain more Conservative viewers is these news channels were added to the lineup. I know we would switch back to Cox TV service immediately once these stations were added. Thank you for your attention to our suggestion/request. J Vanlandingham
- Has anyone else been without TV service since Tuesday Evening? I know many have also lost internet and the phone... Every few hours since Tuesday, the estimated fix time changes, according to Cox...they can't settle on any specific time! So frustrating!
- After 30-plus years as a COX customer, we have no more patience left for COX. We have Contour Premier, Internet, Phone, and Homelife Security. For the last year, the TV service has been spotty at best. We go through periods of time where the TV blinks on/off all day, gives us a message that "We are experiencing trouble, and channels can't be changed for weeks at a time. We call for service and the box is reset. Nothing improves. A service call is placed and someone who knows less than I do comes to the house to check the trouble. No problem can be found yet the TV doesn't work well. The TV isn't the problem because it happens on all of them at the same time. Someone else comes to the house to check. The answer is always the same: You have a weak signal coming to your house. Usually they do something to the box in my next door neighbor's yard. Last summer, the technician told us he traced the problem to a box a half a block down the street. He couldn't fix it because the owner of that house wasn't home and there was a lock on the gate and there were dogs in the yard. So much for the utility company right-of-way. he finally gets access a few days later and fixes the problem. Now, we have the same problem again. It has been going on for weeks now. My husband is housebound a watches a great deal of TV. So, he is totally ticked off. He has spent hours on the phone with technical support. Every time they reset the box it works ok for a few hours and then the problem reappears. I think he talked to 4 people on Friday. After resetting the box numerous times, a service call was scheduled for Wednesday. He asked for a supervisor who ended up being incredibly rude about the whole situation. My husband asked for his name and ID number. Then, he asked for that person's supervisor. The supervisor refused to connect him with his supervisor. He told him someone would call back. So far, no call back. The Homelife Security is a joke. The alarm goes off by itself and we get a call. The problem is the alarm doesn't go off in the house. One time my husband wasat a doctor's office and I was at work when it happened and my next door neighbor called me to come home immediately because the police were getting ready to knock my front door in. The police were still there. I opened the door for them so they could see it was a false alarm. Fortunately, the police didn't charge me for the call. We have had the phone for 2 years, and it has never worked. For $300.00 a month, my service should be better. AND--customer service should be polite.
- I have been having an issue for the past week now where a show I recorded will freeze in the middle or at the end and ask me if I want to record again because something is wrong with the recording. Then it will tell me to delete the show and the channel I have on at the time will say unavailable. I did the online chat today where she rebooted my box twice and still didn’t fix the issue. Cox ** ! Verizon here I come.
- There have been numerous requests over the span of several years to have OANN added to the Cox channel lineup, One of the most requested channels on this forum. And even so, aside from the ‘robotic’ responses given to every request on this forum for the past several years, Cox ignores these requests and appears content to continue ignoring our requests. It seems Cox Cable feels they are doing well enough that they have no need to satisfy nor to even bother to communicate their intentions to a large number of customers requests. I must admit, given the absolutely horrendous quality and performance of Cox’ “Wall to wall” internet service I would have thought they would attempt to focus more attention on their ‘adequate’ Cable Service. I spent the first 6 years in my current home without Cox services, I decided to give them a chance but I can’t say I am terribly satisfied. Even though the ads and website seem toencourage customer suggestions and input,it doesn’t seem Cox is very concerned at all about customer input or satisfaction.