Forum Discussion

JoanneP
New Contributor
4 years ago

Time to Switch to FIOS

After 30-plus years as a COX customer, we have no more patience left for COX. We have Contour Premier, Internet, Phone, and Homelife Security.  For the last year, the TV service has been spotty at best.  We go through periods of time where the TV blinks on/off all day, gives us a message that "We are experiencing trouble, and channels can't be changed for weeks at a time.  We call for service and the box is reset.  Nothing improves. A service call is placed and someone who knows less than I do comes to the house to check the trouble. No problem can be found yet the TV doesn't work well.  The TV isn't the problem because it happens on all of them at the same time.  Someone else comes to the house to check. The answer is always the same: You have a weak signal coming to your house.  Usually they do something to the box in my next door neighbor's yard.  Last summer, the technician told us he traced the problem to a box a half a block down the street.  He couldn't fix it because the owner of that house wasn't home and there was a lock on the gate and there were dogs in the yard.  So much for the utility company right-of-way.  he finally gets access a few days later and fixes the problem.  Now, we have the same problem again.  It has been going on for weeks now.  My husband is housebound a watches a great deal of TV.  So, he is totally ticked off.  He has spent hours on the phone with technical support.  Every time they reset the box it works ok for a few hours and then the problem reappears.  I think he talked to 4 people on Friday.  After resetting the box numerous times, a service call was scheduled for Wednesday.  He asked for a supervisor who ended up being incredibly rude about the whole situation.  My husband asked for his name and ID number.  Then, he asked for that person's supervisor.  The supervisor refused to connect him with his supervisor.  He told him someone would call back.  So far, no call back. 

The Homelife Security is a joke.  The alarm goes off by itself and we get a call.  The problem is the alarm doesn't go off in the house.  One time my husband was at a doctor's office and I was at work when it happened and my next door neighbor called me to come home immediately because the police were getting ready to knock my front door in.  The police were still there.  I opened the door for them so they could see it was a false alarm.  Fortunately, the police didn't charge me for the call.

We have had the phone for 2 years, and it has never worked.

For $300.00 a month, my service should be better.  AND--customer service should be polite.

1 Reply

• Hi JoanneP. I apologize for the experience and would love the opportunity to investigate your concern. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator