How do I locate the caller ID section to turn it on so that the incoming telephone number shows on the tv screenHere is the information for the newer cox contour cable box: Cox Phone tv settings. Cox phone caller id settings for tv, 2023. You need to do this from your tv contour remote. Menu > "Preferences"> cox voice > (Set to "on" or "off" ). "Voice" control is for the tv caller id settings.
- We've had two perfectly good tvs fried within 2 months of each other. Our main living room tv was 10 years old. Thought it was just old. We would get a black screen when we turned it on. Rather than go out and buy a new tv immediately, we brought in another one from a different room in the house. Tried to turn it on this morning and got the same exact black screen. What could be happening here? I'm beginning to think it has something to do with our cox equipment and not the tvs. We have a Cox provided modem+router combo and a cox contour boxwith this tv. All the other tvs in our house are fine. My husband is an electrician and has tested the outlet our surge protector goes into and confirmed power is fine.
Is there a problem with calling retention? I was disconnected twice and the third time I could barely hear the agent's voice - Jan 3/23I am a 24 year customer and haven't generally had a problem with Cox support or retention before. I was calling because of the excessively high TV bill and wanted to know what the options are for lowering my TV bill. When I called, the agents on the main 800 number all sent me to retention. The first time I connected to retention, the retention agent did not understand the phone number I provided for my account after I gave it three times, and disconnected me. The second time the IVR hung up on me. The third time, I could barely hear the agent and the TV offers he gave was more than I am paying now. The chat agent Joshbrylle P. WAS able to help somewhat and I appreciate him. It was frustrating trying to go through the IVR so many times and when I finally got through there were no options or help.
- There has to be a way, right? Like if someone had an ex who linked a Cox account to an app on their TV, how does the Cox account owner go about unlinking and logging out of said TV? Thanks, in advance.
- Disconnect the VPN !!! While using Cox Contour TV from your laptop or desktop computer (maybe from your Smart TV too) The "Watch" button is faded, and does not function after you Left Click on it; the problem is the VPN! You must DISCONNECT the VPN. Below are examples of what you will see after after you click on the blue colored 'Why? below 1) Connect to in-home WiFi to watch.Why? 2) Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi. Please connect to your home WiFi network 3) Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi. Browse TV Go Channels VAPP-00101
- Certain channels (50 bravo, 53 food, 59 syfy) routinely don't work on my DVR and say try again with XRE 03059 error. This is a chronic problem and seems to occur in the afternoon. I am paying for these channels. Cox needs to fix this or refund our money. Problem is not occurring on mini box
We are currently not with Cox TV, though we were for years. We do still use Cox internet service and would love to have the convivence of Alexa for locating channels. Will switch back when AOL and NEWSMAX are added to Cox Service!This is more of a suggestion or request, if you will, for Cox Service. We are currently not with Cox TV, though we were for years! We do still use Cox internet service and would love to have the convenience of using Alexa for locating channels. The only reason for our not having Cox TV is that the news lineup does not include AOL ad NEWSMAX news service. Cox might gain more Conservative viewers is these news channels were added to the lineup. I know we would switch back to Cox TV service immediately once these stations were added. Thank you for your attention to our suggestion/request. J Vanlandingham
- Has anyone else been without TV service since Tuesday Evening? I know many have also lost internet and the phone... Every few hours since Tuesday, the estimated fix time changes, according to Cox...they can't settle on any specific time! So frustrating!