- Turn on the cable box and all you see is COX and five blocks through which a blue block keeps cycling, then an "Info" banner that says the signal is "temporarily unavailable - watch another channel" except ALL the channels say the same thing. Try to reset the cable box and of course COX says, "Outage in you area. We will fix it as soon as we can". But its going into the second day. Off course, being an unregulated government sanctioned monopoly, NO CREDIT FOR DAYS OF LOST SERVICE will be offered AND NO RUSH TO FIX IT WILL BE MADE. Twice in the last two months we were told of a planned outage to upgrade the system so we would have oh, so much better service (even though it is still worse, more unreliable, more intermittent than in the days of analog service in the 80's and 90's). Once by email, it would happen on July 6, they said. WRONG! On July 8, they email to say the wonderful update was done, and oh how lucky we are to NOW have such great reliable service. WRONG - NEVER HAPPENED! Then by door hanger on July 27. WRONG - NEVER HAPPENED! So is this >24 hour outage supposed to be the 6-hour outage that never happened? I doubt it! IT IS JUST A CONTINUED ABUSE OF CUSTOMERS SUBJECTED TO A GOVERNMENT GRANTED TV AND INTERNET MONOPOLY IN AN AREA WHERE THERE IS NO OTA CAPABILITY, AND COX HAS "CONVINCED" LOCAL OFFICIALS TO DENY PERMITS FOR COMPETITORS WHO WANTED TO RUN FIBRE-OPTIC FOR COMPETING SERVICES. "COX" - say it out loud - its all in the name.
- As soon as Cox went from analog to digital the degradation of reception has steadily gotten worse while they continue to up prices by 8 - 12% per year - supposedly "upgrading" their "infrastructure". SYMPTOMS: Black screen, no audio with a displayable info bar. This went from occasional on one channel to this year multiple channels every night for hours at a time. MPEG macro-blocking with audio drop out. Again initially once in a while, now multiple channels for hours at a time EVERY night. Typically it is 5 sec of audio and video, followed by 30 seconds of macro blocking or picture freeze and no audio repeated for hours on end. Tune to a channel, get 20 - 30 seconds of black before they re-route you to a non-HD channel which takes another 10 seconds to display. The instantaneous freeze with no audio that can only be corrected by switching channels. The usual fix - going to your online account to reset your cable box - still appears in the account. For the past several months they would not allow it after reporting the network was working fine. You select to reset and it denies you saying there IS a network outage they will fix in 12 hours. This past week they simply report "There was a problem and we could not reset your cable box. Try again later" but it NEVER works. I believe they have actually disabled this capability of your account and just won't tell consumers they have done it. Charge you for services they deny you access to. I am being charged for HBO Max, something that should come from my HBO subscription through COX but I can't access it unless I pony up an additional $29 a month for a DVR box. My smart TV would support it through network / internet connection, but I would have to pay HBO directly for it because they say,unlike the old HBO Go I must get it through COX if I want to get it as part of my subscription. They regularly take the entire cable sometimes including internet service offline for hours at a time for "upgrades" which make no changes to the crappy signal quality, bogged down internet connections and glitchiness. Yes, this "improved service" is why our cable bill doubled in 5 years. COX - say it out loud - its all in the name!
- Why are there always some HD channels off the air ? Only random HD channels. I pay for HD channels, but there are HD channels off the air all the time. I'll accept a discount on my bill from now on. We only pay for what we get in this house. I'm sure you understand. And don't try to give me the tech support runaround trying to tire me out so I'll just go away. I'm well versed in Cox Communications' unethical tactics.
- I subscribed to Contour TV Ultimate - 4 Premiums & Record 6 250+ channels 2 1/2 years ago, however Cox has added features since then and I still have my old equipment. Why does Cox not setup legacy customers who are subscribed to high end services for automatic equipment upgrades, or at least make some kind of effort to make sure current customers get the same type of equipment that new subscribers to the same service. This is not limited to Contour TV but, I'm subscribed to the highest internet speed Cox offers and I pay for the premium modem yet I don't have the newest equipment. I have asked this question several times through chat, phone and personal conversations with Cox CS representative's and technicians without receiving a clear answer. Unfortunately we don't have a choice between cable companies, we are stuck with whatever provider services the area you live in, which in my opinion the FCC/Government should step in and change this awful situation. I moved from a Bright House serviced area to a Cox serviced area, had I had the option to transfer and stay with Bright House verses switching to Cox I would have definitely stay with Bright House (Now Spectrum). I absolutely hate Cox, again unfortunately I'm forced to use them because i prefer high speed cable internet over any other options!
- I recently had cox cable installed, I was ready surprised when I saw thecable boxes they installed. They were the ugliest boxes I have ever seen but I honestly could get past the ugly and very old look of the boxes. The problem is that they reboot all the time, some channels never work and channels I don't have appear on my channel list making it confusing to find out which channels I can look at. I have the Scientific Atlanta CSH824H. I've seen that many people have issues with these boxes, I was just wondering if cox does not have any other more updated box? When I log into my account above the model of my cable box appears another box image which is apparently the Cisco 8742HDC. Can Cox provide that box? Scientific Atlanta - CSH824HSolved
- After they switched over to the "NEW" and NOT improved service (digital, I think) I could not watch a whole program without it going out several times during the show time. I also LOST all of the channels that I had previous to that and when we inquired about it, they had no answer. They also recommended restarting it. So we restarted, and restarted and finally gave up, as it didn't do any good. I called, stopped by to talk to someone, called some more....... The whole time we were paying an outrageous bill for "service"? and there was no service. I had to constantly re-boot the computer to use it. Finally....... they sent someone out! I thought I would be able to watch TV! NOPE! He just gave us some jibber jabber that didn't make any sense and then added $$$ dollar signs to our bill if we wanted it "fixed" and he left us to our non service/but full payment status! That was the final straw...... I stopped paying (since I had no service to pay for) and now they are sending me bills like crazy "after" shutting me off! When will we get "choices" for services that actually work? It seems that we are dealing with a "Monopoly" (which is actually illegal).... Since they don't offer another "comparable" service in our area, we are stuck using COX or nothing...... Either way is pretty much the same results. The only difference is that we pay over $150 a month for Little to nothing with COX and the "complete nothing" is FREE...... Am I disgusted???? Oh, *** no! It's waaaay beyond that!
- Last week, I spoke to a representative about changing my Cox services. When I asked about cancelling my cable TV, she informed me as of May 7, the signal from my local networks would no longer be available to be received by an over the air antenna. She informed me I would need a cable box after that date if I wanted to watch any kind of television programming. I tried to tell her I thought she was mistaken, but she insisted without cable, I would lose all local channels on May 7. When I asked what the affiliates would do with their huge antennas, she told me the antennas were being used to push the signal underground to the cable boxes. Why are your representatives being trained to tell outright lies in order to scare customers into keeping their service? Accidentally posted in Internet Forum originally.Solved
- I want to know why Cox feels as if they do not have to issue credit for a disruption in service due to contract disputes. I had to call in and the service rep tells me, "If I give you credit, it will only be like $5." First off, "only." $5 is a lot to a lot of people. Second, that's pretty odd, when a friend of mine called in and received a $45 credit. Third, think of the money Cox will make for charging all of their customers the full amount for service that they did not receive, yet are not paying the fee to the station transmitting the service to Cox. Now FOX is out...how many credits will they give out then...unless you call, ZERO! 13 years of being a LOYAL customer. I seriously doubt it will be 14. One more dispute and I'm done!
- Thanks for finding a way to ruin sports for all user who use your services. We all know that business is handled in board room full of men and women who only care about the black and red ledgers they use to launder money with,but you could have still shown the Superbowl at least. football is only on for another week and you chose now that's a great business money to drive your offer home, but it ** for us WH are not in the business room or are on wall street. All and all I know ** rolls Dow hill so thanks for crapping on us... >.>
When Cox is All Digital Why will the signal not be compatible with my HDTV & Smart TV's built in digital tuners?I got rid of digital cable years ago in favor of basic cable combined with many internet streaming services, now I am being told that I MUST acquire a small digital tuner or I will no longer be able to access basic cable. My TVs can decode digital signals so I am askingwhy when Cox is all digital your system will not be compatible with my TV's built in digital decoders unless I rent and utilize one of your cable boxes. Your mandate to use these boxes or no longer have basic cable may force me and others to simply no longer subscribe to your cable TV services. I have been a customer for eleven (11) years and I find this requirement quite insulting. To put it simply I do not want any cable boxes in my home, even if I was PAID to do so. And again, I would like specifics on why this new all digital network will not be compatible with my many Smart and HDTVs without me being forced to go back and use the antiquated tuner box & remote system.