Forum Discussion

Peggie
New Contributor
2 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing a weird lag problem with Contour TV mini-boxes?

I have an intermittent problem.  Occasionally, while watching something, the program will stall for several seconds.  Then when it restarts, it will repeat the last few seconds from before the signal stalled.  Then when it gets up to where it stalled before. It stalls again.  This cycle repeats over and over again. Like an old-time record skipping when it comes upon a scratch. 

The only work-around I've found is to switch channels and switch back again.  This removes the accumulated playback recording from the original channel.  

Peggie

5 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Peggie

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing intermittent connections. I know how important it is to stay connected, so I can understand your frustration. Have you checked all your connections and made sure they are secure? Also, Are you experiencing this on all cable boxes if more than one?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Peggie
      New Contributor

I have 2 mini boxes.  Cables are secure.  Having the signal cut out from time to time is not the weird part.  It's the skip-and-repeat thing.  Originally, I thought it only happened when I watched a particular channel., but I have experienced it on other channels as well.  I wondered whether it indicated the box needed a reset, but I don't think that's it.  The boxes are reset every night and occasionally, I manually reset them.  I may never figure this out because the timing is so random and intermittent.

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        Peggie,

I understand where you are coming from. Intermittent issues are the hardest to track down and figure out. If you would like for us to take a look at your account specifically, we ask that you email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this thread.

David
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Why is it always the customer's fault?  It's your cables.  It's your issue.  It's your account.