Forum Discussion

MSedra
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Daily internet disconnect in the evening

For the past 3-4 weeks my internet keeps dropping - mostly in the evening till the morning- and the modem cannot Acquire any downstream channels. Resetting does not solve the issue. Online customer s...
    5 years ago

So after having Cox investigated by Arris  over multiple disputes about the be SB 8200. Arris recorded my box and proved to me that Cox is so called Bandwidth throttling. With that being said we went over specifications on what should be the power levels in the upstream channels.  Sure enough it was ranging from 20-max of 34.  They clearly state that for that modem and the SB 6183 to work the power in those upstream channels has to be in the 50s .....not even the high 45-47 range.  That's why these modems keep dropping. 

1. In my first 3 way recorded call we spoke and the representative didn't know what to say. I simply asked her to increase my power in the upstream channels. I referenced the owners owner's manual and said I pay for gigablast I want the power in the 50s.  She tries some things on their end.  They keep blaming Arris and insist that's it's their router.  You know I believed this for a long time.  But when I read and keep reading reviews. I called Arris support.  And they are fed up and very upset, and in fact gathering evidence. That Cox is either throttling and keep blaming it on their modems.  In fact call Arris support they will gladly prove it to you like they did me and it gives them more proof for litigation. 

2.  With that being said and Cox run around with technicians coming over etc.  Arris finally told me what to do.  Buy an 8 or 6 Attenuator. Attached it in between the modem and the Cox Cable and Bam.  We saw finally powers in the 50s. And my modem never dropped.  But one thing to point out here is the lack of customer support from Cox. it was Arris that truly won my businesses.b

Now I do believe that at times the infrastructure is overloaded an that may result in less speed, or power to the modem.  But I'm the recordings they were like clock work. Exactly at the same times everyday. Just exactly I would receive notifications that my doorbell and or cameras or something would go off-line. Exactly at 2 am and 2 pm. As stated here .  So I thought I'd share this with you. It's all public knowledge. Arris or any modem company will gladly provide you with the specifications needed .  And or help you record what's happening with the so called Internet package we all think we are paying for.