Forum Discussion

Simms2019
New Contributor
5 years ago

COX VERY OWN TV COMMERCIAL ADVERTISMENT CONSISTENTLY VIOLATING FCC CALM ACT

Why are the Cox commercials consistently so much louder than the other commercials? We have done all the troubleshooting one could do. Here is what i know. They have been doing this for years. It currently on the commercials they air and advertise to sell there very own services. So as a business owner if we could turn up the volume if we paid for commercials that were aired on cox cable, contour, or digital tv then this would be a slam dunk!! NOPE!  IT IS ILLEGAL AND NOT FAIR. WHEN BABIES ARE SLEEPING YOU KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN BY THE PEOPLE WE PAY OUR TV BILL TO. WE  OPERATE 7 HOMES WITH THIS CABLE PROVIDER.  I will be filing a complaint with the FCC regarding the CALM Act. Please join me if you have experienced the same issue?

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, we'd like to have this investigated further, and we are sorry for having caused anger or frustration. Can you please email us at cox.help@cox.com, and include a link to this forum post? Additionally, can you please provide the following information:

- Phone Number
    - Date Commercial Aired
    - Time Commercial Aired
    - Commercial Topic
    - Channel
    - Name of Network

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator