- For the last three weeks and only on FOX NEWS, the sound disappears for a second or two and comes back. This happens off and on throughout the day every few seconds to once every five minutes or more. It's disgusting and only happens when we watch Fox News, no other channels have this problem. I've been told by Cox there is no such problem from their end of transmissions and I've had technicians out and they say there's no problems. Rebooting of convertor does not help. Who else is this happening to? I'm in Cox San Diego North.Solved
- Certain channels (50 bravo, 53 food, 59 syfy) routinely don't work on my DVR and say try again with XRE 03059 error. This is a chronic problem and seems to occur in the afternoon. I am paying for these channels. Cox needs to fix this or refund our money. Problem is not occurring on mini box
- I am in Springdale. TCM regularly stops displaying with an error of "This channel is having an issue, please try later" No error number is shown. I have tried rebooting the cable box but it does not fix anything. SHowing the guide, then trying the channel does not do anything. All other channels are fine and work perfectly, only TCM is affected. We only have cable for my wife to watch TRCM so if you cannot even do that we have no use for Cox.
- Turn on the cable box and all you see is COX and five blocks through which a blue block keeps cycling, then an "Info" banner that says the signal is "temporarily unavailable - watch another channel" except ALL the channels say the same thing. Try to reset the cable box and of course COX says, "Outage in you area. We will fix it as soon as we can". But its going into the second day. Off course, being an unregulated government sanctioned monopoly, NO CREDIT FOR DAYS OF LOST SERVICE will be offered AND NO RUSH TO FIX IT WILL BE MADE. Twice in the last two months we were told of a planned outage to upgrade the system so we would have oh, so much better service (even though it is still worse, more unreliable, more intermittent than in the days of analog service in the 80's and 90's). Once by email, it would happen on July 6, they said. WRONG! On July 8, they email to say the wonderful update was done, and oh how lucky we are to NOW have such great reliable service. WRONG - NEVER HAPPENED! Then by door hanger on July 27. WRONG - NEVER HAPPENED! So is this >24 hour outage supposed to be the 6-hour outage that never happened? I doubt it! IT IS JUST A CONTINUED ABUSE OF CUSTOMERS SUBJECTED TO A GOVERNMENT GRANTED TV AND INTERNET MONOPOLY IN AN AREA WHERE THERE IS NO OTA CAPABILITY, AND COX HAS "CONVINCED" LOCAL OFFICIALS TO DENY PERMITS FOR COMPETITORS WHO WANTED TO RUN FIBRE-OPTIC FOR COMPETING SERVICES. "COX" - say it out loud - its all in the name.
- As soon as Cox went from analog to digital the degradation of reception has steadily gotten worse while they continue to up prices by 8 - 12% per year - supposedly "upgrading" their "infrastructure". SYMPTOMS: Black screen, no audio with a displayable info bar. This went from occasional on one channel to this year multiple channels every night for hours at a time. MPEG macro-blocking with audio drop out. Again initially once in a while, now multiple channels for hours at a time EVERY night. Typically it is 5 sec of audio and video, followed by 30 seconds of macro blocking or picture freeze and no audio repeated for hours on end. Tune to a channel, get 20 - 30 seconds of black before they re-route you to a non-HD channel which takes another 10 seconds to display. The instantaneous freeze with no audio that can only be corrected by switching channels. The usual fix - going to your online account to reset your cable box - still appears in the account. For the past several months they would not allow it after reporting the network was working fine. You select to reset and it denies you saying there IS a network outage they will fix in 12 hours. This past week they simply report "There was a problem and we could not reset your cable box. Try again later" but it NEVER works. I believe they have actually disabled this capability of your account and just won't tell consumers they have done it. Charge you for services they deny you access to. I am being charged for HBO Max, something that should come from my HBO subscription through COX but I can't access it unless I pony up an additional $29 a month for a DVR box. My smart TV would support it through network / internet connection, but I would have to pay HBO directly for it because they say,unlike the old HBO Go I must get it through COX if I want to get it as part of my subscription. They regularly take the entire cable sometimes including internet service offline for hours at a time for "upgrades" which make no changes to the crappy signal quality, bogged down internet connections and glitchiness. Yes, this "improved service" is why our cable bill doubled in 5 years. COX - say it out loud - its all in the name!
- The Contour’s guide is unusable, as inputs on the contour remote are not registered by the contour system until 5-10 MINUTES later. The slowness also causes the bottom information frame that pops up to be in the background, creating a burn-in effect that messes with my TV. The TV thinks that there is no active input after 30 minutes, so my TV’s screen saver comes on to prevent burn-in. This has been an ongoing problem since the we got the system, and does not seem to be limited to me judging by all the other complaints on the Internet. I will be filing a complaint with the FCC regardless of the outcome of this post, as that has been the only way to get anything fixed in the past. I just want this post to be visible for others having this issue.
- A large percentage of the shows I have set to record "New Episodes Only" have become increasingly "miss-labeled" in the Guide -- lacking a "Repeat" designation on re-runs. This now causes many duplicate recordings... and also scheduling conflicts that SHOULD NOT be occurring. It used to only happen occasionally and I would have to manually delete the repeats from the scheduling queue ahead of time. But this month, things have gotten MUCH WORSE. Who is in charge of getting the Guide designations right so that Repeats DO NOT record?
- Multiple live streaming services have the ability to watch cloud dvr recordings on the go, yet cox does not. This cant be a licensing issue as other services have been able to do this, I'm thinking about changing services, as this is going to start being a deal breaker.
Cox Mini Box Cisco DTA250 pixelation and tiling and running hot Cox send out refurbs that don't workHave had our Cisco mini box replaced a few times butCox keeps sending out refurbs that don't work. The most recent one is a DTA250-COX-K9 from 2016. We getpixelation and tiling and it runs hot. The AC adapter/ power cord runs 88-90 degrees when idle and the mini box runs 90-92 degrees when idle. When running the adapter/ power cord is 92 or so degrees and the box runs 98-100 degrees or more. All other AC adapters/ power cords run at 78-80 degrees at idle and while running. Other devices run about 68-70 degrees around the ambient temperature when idle and around 75-85 degrees when running. No other devices runs as hot as the Cox mini box. The other deices area a Roku Ultra, Nvidia Shield Pro, and audio receiver. Cox mini box has plenty of room to breathe and is on an elevated and vented metal platform. Measured using a Fluke 62 Max + a very accurate IR temp gun.
- This has been brought up multiple times and don't know how this hasn't been implemented, multiple people have been requesting to be able to watch recordings from mobile devices. This still hasnt been implemented and this is becoming a real deal breaker, the pricing of DVR service. I could go to youtube TV and get thousands of hours of DVR space and watch my cloud ones too.