Forum Discussion

Bluzman57
New Contributor
2 years ago

Phone Phishing Scam? Pretty sure

This is the 2nd call in the last 30 days from what obviously seems to be a questionable call center in another country initiating a call concerning "problems" with my internet connection. The ID spoofs "Cox Solutions S" and they are even using a phone number spoof of a retail Cox location in Rhode Island. Interesting that a retail Cox location in another state over 1000 miles from here is catching internet connections "errors" on my connection alone.

Spoofed number: 1-401-830-5400

For the record, my internet works fine 100% of the time no drops, no errors, no connection problems.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I knew this STIR/SHAKEN program wouldn't work because people are forgetting about the "V" code.  The FCC should have required flagging unverifiable numbers...not good ones.  If I saw a weird code preceding a Caller ID name...such as ""...it'd get my attention.  I never see the "V" so have forgotten all about it.  The gov't only punishes or changes people or things not violating anything.

• Hi Bluzman57, 

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at Cox.Help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. You can also reach out to us on Twitter (twitter.com/CoxHelp) or message us on Facebook (facebook.com/coxcommunications). 

Maria

Cox Support Forum Moderator

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Hmm...I don't know.  Additional information, full name and complete address?  This reads like another spoof to me.  Where do we report this one?