Forum Discussion

chuckdow
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Cannot be heard by callers

Inbound callers cannot hear us talking after we answer!

While talking to other caller suddenly cannot hear us any longer.

Outbound calls are completed but we cannot be heard.

The problem is intermittent.

• Thanks.

Cox replaced to telephone modem and it worked for a few days.

Today callers could not hear us.

it is intermittent and very frustrating.

I would like to find a different solution for our home telephone service.

Chuck

• The problem is intermittent!

The modem is in the back of the house.
    impractical to plug directly into modem and wait for a call to fail.

it happened again this morning.
    with another Cox Phone customer!

Is this happening to anyone else?
    is tech support reporting this as an issue?

Thanks, Chuck

• I was having the same problem.  I called Cox and had them reset the modem from their end.  The system seems to be working now.  If the problem continues, I will call them back and they will send a technician.

• Hi Kevin,

This is really frustrating. The problem now ONLY happens between 2 COX telephone callers.
    My wife and her sister (we both have COX telephone) talk 5 times a day or more.
    The problem happens when they talk to each other on COX!!!
    All other calls to either service are okay!
    My wife's sister called COX support and they told her there was something wrong with our cabling!
    COX technicians have been out here twice and checked the cabling and replaced the telephone modem and the same thing keeps happening!

COX to COX is the problem!

How can we get this addressed and fixed?

KevinM2
    5 years ago
    Hi Chuckdow, your telephone modem is not reporting any signal levels to us at the moment, which is quite concerning. Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Twitter or Facebook. I believe sending out another service technician might be the best course of action. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

13 Replies

Curley
    New Contributor

I was having the same problem.  I called Cox and had them reset the modem from their end.  The system seems to be working now.  If the problem continues, I will call them back and they will send a technician.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Chuckdow, can you please make certain there are no loose or damaged connections? This could be caused by a signal issue. Is the phone plugged in directly to the modem or is a phone cord plugged in from the modem directly into a phone jack in the wall? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Chuckdow, it would be discouraging to you leave change telephone services, and we're here to help. When you plug in a telephone directly into the modem, do you experience this issue? Is a phone cord connected from the telephone modem to a phone jack in the wall? Can you please unplug the telephone modem, wait ten seconds and plug it back in for me?

For additional support, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook or Twitter. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      chuckdow
      New Contributor II

Caller cannot hear us and hangs up. On our end we hear complete dead air / silence until ending the call when dial tone comes back.

We have 4 Panasonic cordless phones and one wired phone.

It happens to all of them.

Chuck

jeri_g
    New Contributor II

Hi chuckdow...this happened to me once and the Cox team reset the phone on their end to resolve it.  My vmail box had to be rerecorded and set up, but that fixed it .  It took days of frustrating support calls.  Good luck

chuckdow
      New Contributor II

Thanks.

I would like to find a different solution for our home telephone service.

Chuck