Forum Discussion

Mandarintea83
New Contributor
10 years ago

Changing Network Name/Password

I had a Cox Commctns guy come out here today & set us up- very helpful btw. But now I don't know how to personalize the Network name & password. I know you guys recommend not to do that, but it will make things easier for us. I've been looking around on this site for some answers, but nothing has worked so far. I was only given this little set-up guide. No official manual or anything. 

I have a Ubee. It is a DOCSIS 3.0 WeMTA. 

The S/N is:   D484M13003917

What other info would you need to help me? There are a bunch of other #'s on this box, but not sure what's what. 

Thanks in advance! I'll probably call Cox in the morning, but just thought I'd ask here while I'm thinking about it. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

First, what model do you have? The single channel or dual channel version> They should be pretty simular so I will assume for now you have the single band version but reply with the model number. I would also suggest editing your post to remove the S/N. This is not normally a conern, but Ubee uses the devices S/N as part of the default passphrase.

Second, here is the manual.   To log into the device, go to 192.168.100.1 and info below. See page 17 of manual for more info.

Username: user
    Password: user

Last, to change the wireless name (SSID) go to Wireless up along the top of the interface, and then click on Primary Network and you will see a field for the SSID you can change. When done click apply along the bottom. For more info see page 70-73 of manual.