Forum Discussion

Cap72
New Contributor II
2 years ago

"Increased internet traffic" and "Network impacting event"

How would Cox react if I sent a note to their payment center stating that I had "Increased banking traffic" that created a "budget-impacting event", therefore making it impossible to pay my bill? Well, we all know, they'd turn OFF my service at a minimum. I wish I could "turn off" Cox by firing them, and choosing another broadband service, but there are no other choices where I live. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Toyota4x41
    New Contributor

Agreed. My favorite part is they have no estimated time for repair. But the agent assured me there would be no further outages. Like I believe that load of **. 

gregtstevens
      New Contributor III

In another thread someone posted a message they received with more detail, about damage to the central node for the city. The explanation makes sense, but for me just highlights the absurdity of the level 1 support scripts they give to the poor call center people.

when I was in grad school in Michigan the power company would be like “sorry a squirrel chewed through a substation line  to try to get warm so don’t expect power before tomorrow” and very weirdly that was almost MORE reassuring simply because it had more information. For me, anyway, I don’t know if everyone works that way.