Forum Discussion

briank92
New Contributor
3 years ago

INTERNET DROP CONNECTION RANDOMLY EVERYDAY

I work from home so this situation has been very stressful for me because I just feel helpless and I am at the mercy of having to deal with Cox's crappy internet.

This issue has been happening on and off for year now since they did "Upgrade" in my area.

I have replaced my modem 5 times; I have had a technician out today he said the " Signal is strong". I have confirmed myself this issue is beyond me this is a wiring issue in the polls. 

This is a Cox wifi hotspot near me and I decided to perform a little test. I connected my laptop to the Cox HotSpot connection and had my main pc connected to my internet connection. Keep in mind these are 2 separate internet connections about 500-600 ft away from each other. On my laptop connected to the Cox Wifi I ran a consistent ping test with google. " ping www.google.com -t

Whenever my main connection would drop I would check my ping test and confirm the connection dropped for the Cox Hotspot that is in my area which makes me believe there is an issue with the wiring in the polls.

Issues and Symptoms

Modem reset itself - Modem has been swapped 5 times.

Upstream / Downstream issues-  Callers are unable to hear me on other end but I am able to hear them fine. This will cut in and out every 15-30 sec

Losing internet connection every 30 minutes for 5-10 sec

Seems like I am having upstream issues or downstream I will be on my work phone that run on my computer and uses my internet. There will be a point in the conversation that they won't be able to hear me anymore but I can still hear them. Wait about 15 sec and it recovers then they can hear me again.

My equipment: 

Cox modem/ router combo - TG1682G

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Briank92

I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your Cox services and I want to help. If you can email your full name and the street address on your Cox account to cox.help@cox.com, We are happy to investigate.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      ntsmedic
      New Contributor

I am having these EXACT same issues. It was really bad a couple of months ago then I saw a Cox truck working in the neighborhood and it got better for a while. Now we lose internet connection at a minimum of 10 times EVERY day. I upgraded to the highest service Cox offers and pay almost $200 a month and I'm so mad. Something has to be done!!!!