Forum Discussion

webibeay
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cox Security Suite - Mac OS Big Sur

Hi Folks  -

I'm a Mac OS user who also uses the Cox Security Suite by McAfee.  Upon upgrading to OS 11 (Big Sur) it appears that the version which is available for download is not compatible.  I have confirmed this off several McAfee forums as others are encountering similar issues

Will Cox be updating the version available for its subscribers to allow use/functionality on a Mac?

Thanks in advance - 

Bill

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm sure Cox Security Suite by McAfee will soon be compatible.  Cox has a process to certify updates before pushing 'em.

How'd you upgrade your Cox Security Suite?  Perhaps McAfee has procedures to roll back to a previous version.

webibeay
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I'm hoping they soon as well.  I haven't upgraded it yet, had to uninstall it and go to another service (which I'm not thrilled with).  Hoping to be able to go back to this once upgraded

jeh8681
    New Contributor

I am still having problems with Cox version of McAfee. Running Big Sur 11.0.1. Continually get message  "Allow us to continue your setup" with only option to click is "OK". Have to pay extra for help with McAfee, so I did and they took control of my computer and said it was fixed. It is not. I canceled the service. Won't let me set up firewall or real time scanning. I'm a little disappointed in the product and the service.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

You payed for the "fix?"  This isn't right.  Cox purchased a license to distribute McAfee, so it's free to us.  Where'd you get this version of McAfee?

jeh8681
        New Contributor

I got it from Cox download. They don't support fixing McAfee stuff. You have to subscribe to Customer Care for $10/month to get support for McAfee product and then they don't know how to do it.