Forum Discussion

GeauxTigahs
New Contributor
4 years ago

Panoramic wifi reach

I have Panoramic Wifi, but it does not reach my whole house. What is the solution?

18 Replies

ratoren
    New Contributor II

Mesh systems are great - I have the Google/Nest mesh and have no problem getting Wifi throughout my house. The Cox Panoramic mesh pods would work also, but I've heard mixed reviews on these (at least compared to Google mesh or Eero mesh). 

tech_man
      New Contributor III

I know this is a Cox form but I’m debating on whether or not to try out a third-party extender or do you think the cox pods would do the trick

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I don't believe 3rd-party equipment works with Panoramic.  I could be wrong.

I've read on here Panoramic and the pods don't have good range.  Best bet is to purchase your own modem and router and if the range doesn't improve, then look into extenders or pods.

RobIT
      New Contributor II

I have the Linksys Velop and absolutely love it.  I just plugged it into one of the Ethernet ports and it was up and running.  It has a separate network from the Panoramic WiFi and will act as it's own DHCP server for that network so you'll have two different networks to connect to.  But I haven't had a bit of trouble with it.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

If you have Velop, why are your renting a Panoramic router?