Forum Discussion

Zawakaz
New Contributor
6 years ago

15+ years of connectivity issues still not resolved need high level help

Been having this problem as far back as 2000 nothing we have done has helped and I can't seem to get any complete help.

Still having EXTREME packet loss consistently.

Let me explain what has happened so far.

Replaced modems routers and splitters 3-5 times

replaced all cables 3-5x

Replaced cables in the wall

replaced cables to street

repaired and replaced some equipment in the box on street.

still, have internet connectivity issues

This is what an average day looks like for me.

https://imgur.com/a/vHQp5ua

https://imgur.com/a/vHQp5ua

I use the internet for my phone so i can't call tech support because they ALWAYS want to reset my modem...which is DEFINITELY not the problem. That in conjunction with the D/c'ing I can't hold an actual conversation.

No one wants to believe its not my equipment.  If this doesn't get resolved soon I'm going to have to start scheduling techs every day till it gets fix cause this is ridiculous.

PLZ HELP.

9 Replies

• Hi Zawakaz, your modem is reporting a high amount of T3 errors and uncorrectable errors. These symptoms, along with your traceroute, lead me to believe there is a signal issue to the modem. If there are any splitters on the coax connection to the modem, please bypass (or replace) the splitter, reset the modem, and see if the issues continue. If there are no splitters between the cable outlet and the modem, I suggest a service call. If you'd like my team to schedule a service call appointment so you don't have to call Technical Support, please email your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Zawakaz
      New Contributor

this also happens mostly in the evenings although sometimes it continues all day.

Zawakaz
      New Contributor

also, it happens whether there is splitters or routers(or not) and resetting modem doesn't fix it(its been 17 years of this I can't think of anything I haven't tried lol if there is a cable or connector I have tried every combination of them.

this is worse than when i had to do all the work to figure out that my modem at my office was being uploaded docsis 1 rather than 3.

I'm not sure a house call can fix my problems since we have had techs out over 30 times and they still haven't resolved the issue. (including supervisors and district supervisors) I want to say this is a hardware or routing issue that is not on my property.

If a customer has had dozens of techs out and the problem is unresolved what is the NEXT STEP?

Especially if the problem doesn't seem to be on their property.  What do I do when having a tech come out doesn't do anything?

CarolLM
        Former Moderator
        Hi there, I'm confident this is an issue we can resolve. As Becky as previously requested, in order for us to schedule the appointment please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com, a Facebook private message, or a Twitter direct message and include a link to this Forum conversation. We really want to get to the bottom of this and I look forward to that so you can fully enjoy your Internet service. -Thanks, Carol
    Phuhque
    New Contributor

@

Zawakaz
      New Contributor

definitely wired

the house is 3300 square feet there is nothing near the office the modem is in.  AC and water heater(which we never use we have solar water heaters) are 100ft away.

Ill try plugging it into a surge protector(brand new)

but when i run pings im losing it past the first 2 hops(which would be my router then modem) so its more likely its the box or something past that.  but the fact is we mostly have trouble in the morning and evenings(mostly evenings) leads me to the hypothesis, there is more data than the system can handle during peak hours down the line from me.  

Phuhque
        New Contributor

Would you say those times are also during peak vehicle traffic periods for your neighborhood?  You could very well be correct regarding network bandwidth saturation, but that didn't much exist 15 years ago.  More likely there are breaks in the wire from your CPE to the DLSAM or a bad port along the way.  Otherwise, everyone in the neighborhood would be seeing similar issues. 

Have you went to your neighbors and asked if they have similar issues with connectivity?  This would allow you to rule out the run to the pedestal. Cox Tech support always says they can't look at other peoples connections, which is all just smoke and lip service.

I also ask this because when I first moved into my house 20 years ago, I spent a number of months with issues.  They finally had to run a new line from the streetside box to the opposite side of my house.  Whoever installed it first had it grounded to the gas meter.  Just wow...

After that, I rarely have more than one glitch a year and mine happen mostly when it rains a lot.