Forum Discussion

aburrs89
New Contributor
7 years ago

Constant Price Increase

Cox's idea of "customer service" is a complete joke. I've had Cox for probably the last 5+ years while in the Norfolk, VA area. That excludes a 6 month stay in Northern Virginia, where they have more internet options. 

Over the years I have had to call Cox every 6 months for a new "promotion". They can't ever just offer a change or downgrade of service online. That is the first issue. You want people to have to call and stay on the phone for over 30 minutes at least twice a year. 

On top of that, there is never any warning that your bill is going to increase drastically in the next month. One day you open your bill and it's just $20-$50 dollars more than it has been for the last several months! So, okay, it's that time of year to go make an annoying, drawn out, sales-y phone call again. I always try to downgrade or remove my services when this happens, but then suddenly, oh the price for internet alone is more than if you bundle the service with something else...

Really, that's funny, because I look at my bill and it says $69.99 internet + $30 TV - $20 for bundle. Ok, so $80 for both. But now that I don't want TV, the internet is no longer $69.99, but $79.99. Meanwhile, my boyfriend pays $84 for internet and gets 50 more mbps. Then my co-workers bundle package says $53.99 for my same internet level.

What the f*** is this s***!?!? This is just complete B.S. I would leave if I could, but Cox has a complete monoploy in this area. If I left, I would have to get dial up because Fios is not offered in my area. This has happened so many times, I've gone from $40 to $50 to $55 to $60 to $70 and now finally $80 for internet. WTF?! I hate Cox with a passion and so does everyone in this area that I speak to, but we have no choice. Stop screwing everyone over and learn something about customer service. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi aburrs89, I forwarded your comments to our management team. However, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.