Forum Discussion

aithned
New Contributor
8 years ago

Ubee Modem Wireless Disconnects

Seriously ready to rip my hair out here.

We're on out 2nd modem. Tech replaced first modem for this same exact problem but told me that if it happened again to play the lottery cause I had good odds.

We have the Ubee DVW326. The wireless light goes off/black and the wifi signal stops broadcasting. I also can't login to the modem with the ip while hardwired cause it won't load the login. Those hard-wired in do not get disconnected. Unplugging or resetting it only fixes the issue temporarily. Sometimes it could be fine for a few days, but in the past 24 hours (aside from when we are sleeping) we've had to reset the modem at least 1 to 3 times per hour.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

Was the first modem/gateway also a Ubee? 

Also, when the problem happens, and you can't login, can you atleast ping that IP?

Seems like the Ubee firmware is crashing, but I don't think they have logging to show why. The closest I see is  Telephony > event log or see page 94 for more info. Have you considered getting a stand alone modem and router?

aithned
    New Contributor
    Yes, the first modem was the same Ubee model as I have now. When I ping the login ip, it says "Request timed out" four times for a 100% packet loss.

I have the ubee because that's what they gave me when I got service and I wasn't sure if they offered anything else.
    Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

Cox only rents gateways, but you can buy and use what ever you want, as long as it's on this list. Devices listed under "Preferred Devices" as those given out for service when you pay to rent. 

Do you have and use Cox's phone service? If so, you need a phone modem. You have 3 options with that;

1. Trade Ubee for phone modem (IE Cisco DPQ3212),and use your own router that you buy. Would no longer have to pay.

2. Trade Ubee for DPQ3212 but only use it for phone. Buy your own modem(IE SB6141) and router and use a splitter to connect cable to DPQ3212 and modem.

3. Trade Ubee for newer/different phone gateway. The newest is the Arris TG2472

aithned
    New Contributor

So is there no way to fix the issue with the box I have now? I don't exactly have the funds to be purchasing equipment at the moment which is why I opted to rent one.

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

No sorry. I don't troubleshoot gateways. No logs, nothing to give data. Why not just rent a different gateway?

aithned
    New Contributor

Thanks for your help. I called Cox to request a tech and the Arris box. Here's to hoping they don't bring another Ubee!