Forum Discussion

keiser
New Contributor II
13 years ago
Solved

Online Payment Down?

I've been trying all morning to make a payment.

Payment Unsuccessful

We're sorry, but we are not able to process your payment for service: TV & Internet due to a system error. The payment amount has not been deducted from your account at this time.

TV & Internet:System Error     Due: Pay Immediately 

Is there an expected outage?  Should I just wait and try again?  Called in to Customer Support and the only other option is paying $10 for a rep to take the payment (hah!).

Thank you.

• I spoke with a Billing CS Rep on the phone just now and she said I personally had issues because my service was turned off and neither online payments nor automated phone service would work with a closed account.  The automated system would not recognize a phone number on a closed account.  She also said that if your account is closed the reps can take your payment and waive the $10 fee.  None of this information was included in the recording that tells you they will charge you $10.

She also said since they received our bank's billpay check we don't need to worry about the collection letters we are now getting.

Basically this was the worst I've ever seen account/billing handled by any company in any industry.  It amazes me a tech/telecommunications company like Cox has worse website/database/account management than say, the power company, gas company, a renter's insurance company, and my previous apartment complex.  They all were able to take online payments and still recognize my account after service was shut off, yet not Cox.  It's just laughable.  Unfortunately I will have to do business with Cox because their internet service product is easily the best/fastest/most dependable in my area.

If you have this issue and your account is NOT closed, I have no idea what to tell you, but try calling the billing department.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion