Forum Discussion

Genthar
New Contributor III
6 months ago
Solved

Email down 20231101?

Can't get to email either through the web interface or through any of my devices.  My credentials work since I'm able to sign into the support site, so it's not a password issue.  Seems like there's an issue with the email authentication system.

• Nice...so I send an email, and only then am I told that the e-mail is down for maintenance?  Why is this not posted somewhere instead of "there's no service outages in your area" 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Leave the Forums open and try to open Webmail in another browser tab.  I just accessed Webmail for the first time today, without signing in (to Webmail)..  Apparently, it used my Forums credentials.  I believe that's new.  We've always been able to re-open Webmail if another browser tab was left open.  But I don't recall ever being able to access Webmail with Forums' credentials.  Just to verify that, I closed the browser, signed into Forums again, then opened Webmail without an additional sign in.  I then closed all browser tabs and signed into Webmail.

Genthar
      New Contributor III

Tried that, no luck.  Still won't let me access even via the webmail.  Spins for a long time, then eventually times out and throws an error when trying to sign in.

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your full name and complete address at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

Genthar
    New Contributor III

Nice...so I send an email, and only then am I told that the e-mail is down for maintenance?  Why is this not posted somewhere instead of "there's no service outages in your area" 

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Thanks for the update.  We must be in different parts of the country.  I think Cox email is split between east and west.  That probably means Cox email where I live will be down for maintenance some time soon.