Forum Discussion

Shellxx
New Contributor
7 years ago

Volume Changes - TV & DVR Recordings

We've been noticing a lot of issues regarding the volume for quite some time.  The volume when watching certain television shows directly can usually be adjusted lower than the recorded shows that we watch (and then there are the issues with watching tv shows that are on networks vs. cable vs. movie channels - the volume needs to be adjusted accordingly...).  Up until recently, we only had to increase the volume by 5-7 numbers (from watching tv to recordings).  Within the last few weeks, however, we find ourselves watching recorded shows with the volume between 30 & 40 (and no, we are not both having hearing difficulties).  And, it can't just stay at whatever setting we have it on because there are sound fluctuations in the show (or commercials that we let run...); we are constantly adjusting the sound, which is annoying and frustrating.  We have made no changes to anything.  Can this issue be resolved?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Shellxx,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and complete address.

Shellxx
    New Contributor

The information you have requested has been sent.

Shellxx
    New Contributor

Hi... I received a couple of e-mails this morning from cox.help@cox.com after I submitted the requested information.  I was asked questions by two different individuals who appeared to have not read my initial post on the forum regarding sound issues.  I answered a brief question from the first person who contacted me; after which, I received another e-mail from someone else who asked more questions that, I thought, were answered in the information I provided in the forum post.  I resent the forum post to the second individual and told her that if additional information was needed, contact me.  That e-mail was read 5 hours ago and I still have not received a response.  Thank you.

CarolLM
    Former Moderator

Hi there, I apologize for the delay, you may review my response to your email. Thanks,