Forum Discussion

gelder4
New Contributor
7 years ago

No URC8820 remote volume control for Samsung TV

I had to replace my URC8820 remote because the UP volume button failed. Now, I can't get the replacement remote to control the volume on my  9 year old Samsung HDTV.  It will change the channel and power on/off but has zero volume control. 

I remember the Cox technician had trouble setting up the remote when he did the cable box install 7 or 8 years ago, but he somehow got the remote programmed correctly for the TV. So, I know it can be done.

I've tried ALL the universal remote codes recommended by Cox for Samsung TVs.  Can somebody provide me a code for Samsung model LN46B640?

5 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Reiland

You can try this link https://bit.ly/2wKSsXp than click on set up and searching for all code TV codes.

gelder4
    New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. 

The code search only returns a code that powers on/off the TV.  It doesn't return a code that also controls the volume.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @redleg

If the remote turns the TV off and on that means it's program to the TV. Does the Samsung remote adjust the volume? Are you using an HDMI or component cable running from the cable box to the TV? Are you using a sound bar or home theater?

gelder4
    New Contributor

The Samsung remote does control the volume.  I have a soundbar hooked up to the TV.  It is slaved to the TV volume control. I disconnected it from the TV and tried using the internal TV speakers only. The volume control still didn't work with the new remote.

The cable box is connected through the Component jacks.

When doing a code search the search stops when the TV powers off. Is there a way to tell the search to continue after the first hit, so it may possibly find a better match?

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @redleg

Like to take a closer look please email full address and the primary name on the account holder to cox.Help@cox.com.