Forum Discussion

CWC1
New Contributor
2 days ago

MeTV Picture Quality

Most of my channels are fine, but MeTV is terrible, constantly pixelating.  Has anyone else observed this?  I would think the problem is not my connection because it is only this channel exhibits the trouble.

• I've experienced what Becky described with pixelation for one or more channel frequencies.  I had a signal issue that disrupted TV for a few specific channels.  If your pixelation is due to a Cox main line signal issue, your biggest hurdle to a solution is getting Cox line techs to fix it.  The first thing you should do is contact cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, the service address and a description of your issue.  If you know your neighbors who share your node, ask them if they're having a similar issue.  If yes, ask them to contact Cox.  You're more likely to get action if a number of people report the same issue.

• Hi CWC1, I know it's impossible to enjoy your shows when the picture keeps breaking up! I'm glad you reached out so we can get this resolved for you. I can help! Each channel you watch is on a different frequency. Pixelation, also called tiling, occurs due to a signal issue or interference on the specific channel frequency. This is why we can see issues on only one channel or a handful of channels. Your area has two MeTV channels available; channel 56 and channel 93. Which MeTV channel number are you watching? 

CWC1
      New Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Ch 93 is the problem.  Ch 56 works fine.

Becky

Hi CWC1, I've watched channel 93 for the past few minutes and I've not noticed any tiling. There may be something impacting your service at an individual level, so I want to dig deeper. I want you to be able to enjoy your favorite shows without distractions! So that I can take a closer look at what's happening, please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and address. I'll get MeTV cleared up for you! 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I've experienced what Becky described with pixelation for one or more channel frequencies.  I had a signal issue that disrupted TV for a few specific channels.  If your pixelation is due to a Cox main line signal issue, your biggest hurdle to a solution is getting Cox line techs to fix it.  The first thing you should do is contact cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, the service address and a description of your issue.  If you know your neighbors who share your node, ask them if they're having a similar issue.  If yes, ask them to contact Cox.  You're more likely to get action if a number of people report the same issue.

• For me it's Rewind channel 819.  It was doing this on my mini-box when my DVR was down, but then it also did it on my new DVR.  It may have also done it on MeTV channel 808, but it's playing OK now.  I'm just reporting it to confirm CWC1's problem.  I don't need to have it fixed