Forum Discussion

Dneice
New Contributor
2 months ago

Cox wants more money

Having to reboot my modem more than usual, I noticed that I was eligible for an upgrade. It says that this will be at No Additional Cost. But if you go deeper into pricing, it is only $0 for the first month.  After that, $15 a month.  That should be made clear up front.  Am I having modem issues because Cox wants more money? And how come the TV comes on only when I login to reboot.  Interesting.

LatitiaS
    2 months ago

Hi too_cheap_to_bu,

This is indeed most troubling to hear.  Customer service is very important to us.  We value you and want you to have a positive experience with us.  I would really like an opportunity to address each of your concerns?  Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com 

Surely we can work together to improve on our relationship.  

Cox Support Forum Moderator   

Darla0709
    New Contributor

Same with us way to much money and now they force to upgrade. Our modem had to be rebooted everyday for the past 3 days and since about 6 months at least 2 times weekly. Cox sent tech out to check to see what was wrong, said modem  was bad and needed changed out. I wasn't told anything charges and fees. Tech talked to them in front of me I heard Cox tell him there would be insulation change but would credit it back. After he leaves I get notice that the changes are costing me 20.00 more a month. I'm so done with Cox trying to steal hardworking people money

LisaH

Hi Darla0709. The purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Dneice
    New Contributor

The tech came 2 days ago. Surprisingly TV came on 15 minutes before appointment after not working for a day and a half. Tech determined it was outside Cox box causing the trouble.  However, for the ensuing two days, the Contour box is displaying boot and TV screen stuck on Welcome. Only when I login and reboot does TV work. Not sure what is going on.

too_cheap_to_bu
    New Contributor III

I have had the same issue. COX employees will dither around and NOT SOLVE any issues, unless of course it involves sending cox more money for less services. As to buying a new modem from walmart, cox store employee told me that THEY, Cox will not inform the customer as too which modem is compatible, because they want the rental fee, and will NO LONGER sell their own modems. 

LatitiaS

Hi too_cheap_to_bu,

This is indeed most troubling to hear.  Customer service is very important to us.  We value you and want you to have a positive experience with us.  I would really like an opportunity to address each of your concerns?  Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com 

Surely we can work together to improve on our relationship.  

Cox Support Forum Moderator   

Dneice
    New Contributor

This has not been solved.  TV on boot again (7 days in a row). No Tv.

SharielH

Hi Dneice, I am sorry you're still having issues with your service. Please send us an email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com for assistance with your service.