Forum Discussion

Todd_C
New Contributor
5 years ago

ACC Network

I am respectfully requesting that Cox Communications add the ACC Network to their line-up in our area due to the interest in this channel.  Do the right thing and let your customers know in our area one way or another if you will or will not be adding the ACC Network to your line-up so that we can entertain other options if necessary.  Thank you

57 Replies

Hokie1
    New Contributor

Add ACC network now or lose this 25 year customer. When a customer pays $200 a month for service it looks like greed!  

• I've been with Cox going on 40 years. Am disappointed so see the ACC network has reached it debut date and Cox is still not onboard. I WILL leave for an alternative solution and am actively evaluating other services via their trial offers... Youtube TV, HULU Live, PS Vue, etc. As mentioned in other replies, there are more ACC teams in the Cox service areas of the country than any other conference. C'mon Cox get it together!!

BigLancey
    New Contributor

How hard is this?  Stop tiptoeing and call it what it is, greed.  You want to completely rook existing subscribers and make ACCN part of a full sports package for an additional $10.99/month.  Run the numbers, idiots, and take a look at how many customers you are going to lose going that route, as opposed to an option to simply add the channel as an option for an additional $1/month. There are currently 2.5M Cox digital subscribers, even if 10% signed up for that, that's $250k/month.  Is Espn really charging you $3M/year to carry the channel?  And you ChatBots replying to these messages?  How does it feel to have your management and execs put you in the position of sounding like complete clueless troglodytic dopes, but I'd expect nothing more from anyone who's training includes "just type this."  

I'm out.  Today.  Right now.  I pay too much now anyways, which is fine if I am getting what I want.  I will not pay to not get what I want.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi BigLancey, we value your feedback, and it would be discouraging to see you leave the Cox family. Cox is currently negotiating with ESPN to have the ACC Network included in our channel lineup. In regards to prices, Universities and conferences created a separate cable channel (regional sports networks) to present sports programming for a specific geographical region for the school or conference. Regional Sports Networks are typically the most expensive channels, due to the expensive rights of the sports they carry.

Networks justify the high prices by noting the demand for popular local sports teams or conferences. Then, these networks raise the wholesale cost of their programming for TV providers like us, forcing Cox to pay a lot of money to distribute their sports programs to our customers. We work hard to keep these costs as low as possible and to negotiate the best prices for our customers. We cannot guarantee that the ACC Network will be added to our channel lineup in the future, and many of these games can be viewed on some of the other major networks (ABC, CBS, ESPN). -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        impissedoff
        New Contributor III

Cox is in 18 states: AZ, AK, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, IA, KS, LA, MA, NE, NV, NC, OH, OK, RI, and VA. Within these 18 states the P5 breakdown is as follows. ACC (10 teams), P10 (6), B12 (5), SEC (4), B10 (3). Out of the 18 state footprint, ACC (5 of 18), SEC (4 of 18), B10 (3 of18), B12 (3 of 18), P12 (2 of 18). In conclusion, within the Cox network, the ACC has the greatest number of teams at 10, and is represented in the greatest number of states at 5. The data says that the ESPN ACC Network should be primary, and that "opting" should be offered for the other four P5 conferences. Mic drop! 

twaz
    New Contributor

The absence of the ACC network has motivated me to look into other options.   We have been a long term customer but no ACC football and basketball makes for a big content hole.  Getting a deal done ASAP should be a priority at Cox.

alan_t
    New Contributor

Agree...been a cox user for many years.  You need to add the new ACC Network ASAP 

thanks