Forum Discussion

john-maceni
New Contributor II
9 months ago

why i can not play league of leguend when the game star?

when I am using my internet and try to play league of leguend, at the beginning is normal, but, when the game star, the league of leguend always open a second window to play, and never load the game, you can see a message of error like you don't have internet connection.

i tried to use the cox points of internet connection and it work, but i have problems as disconnected by 10 seconds usually.

I really appreciate if any member of the cox team gives me a solution if possible.

john-maceni
    New Contributor II

i would like to know step by step the instructions to do that, but at least we know the problem, and i really appreciate perez, so it is not a problem of lol, is a cox connection problem. 

TiffanyR
      Former Moderator

Hello john-maceni, 

I am not aware of any RIOT servers being blocked. We would be happy to look into this with you if you'd like. Please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, and a link to this page. 

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

They aren't. I tested it on my computer, created an account, downloaded all the files, and played the game. 

• Hi, I found an involved solution; COX blocks this range of IPs 138.0.12.0/22, which are essential to connect to riot servers. I bypassed the blacklist using a VPN to Miami, FL; I set my computer to reroute all traffic to that block to that range of IPs.

If you check the game logs, you will find the following line when trying to connect.000000.056| ALWAYS|   CFG| Command Line:  "138.0.14.157 5221

000032.629| ALWAYS|  FLOW| Timeout waiting for initial connection game server
    000036.931| ALWAYS|  CONN| User quit application during initial connection after 34.303 seconds 0 retries

Cox, please resolve this issue.

john-maceni
        New Contributor II

that's the problem, i will try, because cox is blocking the league of legend on lan server.

perezjoseph
      New Contributor

Using this tool you can check which range of IPs belong to Riot Games LATAM 

https://lookup.icann.org/en/lookup

Cristhiann97
    New Contributor II

Basically, and to get an "expert" you gotta be aware you might get charge 75$ for their issue with connecting to League of legends.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

There is an expression; "garbage in, garbage out". You didn't describe the problem or give any technical details. Start here and if that doesn't work, submit a ticket with RIOT. If your getting a internet connection, Cox's normal support job is done. Anything beyond that required explanation here. Is it a port forwarding issue? A firewall issue? A routing issue?

Cristhiann97
        New Contributor II

It is funny you think I didn't explain my problem with details 🤣and that I did not try with riot game support first to try and fix it for weeks, but you are totally right garbage in, garbage out. 

Cristhiann97
    New Contributor II

I am having the same situation and when I contacted support they told me this.

MichaelJ

Hi john-maceni,

Are you experiencing any other internet issues that we can assist with? You may want to check with the game tech support to see if it is a known issue. 

Thank you,

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    john-maceni wrote:

i tried to use the cox points of internet connection and it work

What do you mean by this? Can you get to webpages on that PC? Do other games work? If so, sounds like a problem with the game. I would suggest contacting RIOT support.

• Hi john-maceni. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

LisaHHow is this even a Cox issue, nevermind something to do with OP's account? Are you just trying to sell them Cox Complete Care? Do you get a commision?

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

I can answer some of this. It doesn't sound like LisaH is trying to sell CCC, nor would she get a commission on it even if she did. She is offering to take a look and ensure it's not a cox issue, which in all honesty, you and I both know isn't. If it was, the customer would have a problem from the start, not the second round. This definitely sounds like a game issue and they need to contact that game itself for direct support.