Forum Discussion

CaptainAnnoying
New Contributor
10 months ago

Why does our internet go out anytime it rains?

Our Cox high-speed internet cuts out every time it rains. Even in a slight drizzle it’ll slow down to the point where I can’t conduct a Zoom meeting, which is a major problem because I work from home and my employer is 2,500 miles away. Needless to say, we can’t stream our TV shows either. Is there a node or hub somewhere near us that’s not properly protected from the elements or something?

3 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First thing I would check is that the demarc(where the coaxial line coming from street is connected to your electrical ground) has a weather enclosure box on it. If there are any splitters in there, make sure they aren't waterlogged. Next, I would suggest having a technician investigate your tap, which is your connection at the street. 

As for it being the whole node, are you aware of others in your area having the same problem?

CaptainAnnoying
      New Contributor

Not sure about that last question, but thanks for the tip about the de-marc. Will check that out today.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

When you check the demarc, if you do have a enclosure box, make sure the coaxial coming from the street is looped in such a way that water doesn't drain into it.