Forum Discussion

Michelle-O
New Contributor
4 years ago

Upcoming Outage Email

Hi, I just got the outage email that there will be some kind of upgrade coming in two weeks. I'm concerned about the time of day they plan this for - I have five people online all day = three kids in school, me working and husband teaching online.  Even if the interruption is short, I need to know what time of day it will happen and if it's possible to get it to happen early am or late pm.  Has anyone experienced this outage yet and can tell me what time of day it happened and how long it was for?

Thank you.

Email: 

In about two weeks, we’ll be making an update in your area to keep up with your growing needs. This way, everyone in your home can continue to get in on the entertainment.

While we work, you will experience a brief service outage and won’t be able to access your Cox services or any devices connected to the Internet. We know this is an inconvenience, so we’ll do everything we can to get you back up and running in no time. Don’t worry, we’ll give you plenty of notice before we begin so you can prepare.

3 Replies

• Hello, I can certainly understand your frustration with service related outages. You should receive multiple notifications on when the outage will take place. I can say that our techs are working on limiting the outages to a 30 min - 4 hour window. Door hanger notifications that will include the expected times should be delivered to all affected homes within 2 days of the outage. Postcards and further emails will also be used to deliver additional details. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      HaraInAZ
      New Contributor

I received a door hanger today and an email yesterday.  It doesn’t state a start time.  

MichaelJ
        HarainAZ, we’ll make sure to give you plenty of notice before we begin so you can prepare.

Thank you,

Mike J.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator