Forum Discussion

isomac
New Contributor II
8 months ago

Unauthorized plan change

I just received my latest bill with a charge for $75.00 labelled “Cox Complete Care Cancellation Fee.”

This is presumably related to an unauthorized change to my account that I immediately notified a Cox customer service agent about on July 30.

I was notified about the unauthorized change to me plan via a text from Cox at 7:39 PM on July 30. A change was made to my account to add something called “Cox Complete Care.”

I DID NOT make a change to my account to add this service, So I immediately called Cox customer service to report the unauthorized change and $10 charge.

I was told that I had to call back the next day, Monday, since there was no one available on Sunday to fix this unauthorized change to my account.

I called back the next morning immediately when the support lines opened at 8:00 on Monday July 31 and explained that my account had an unauthorized change made to add this service.

The Cox representative apologized for the unauthorized change and said that this service would be removed from my account and my bill would continue to be $49.99.

I received a text from Cox at 8:24 AM on Monday, July 1 notifying me that the service was removed from my plan

So, this unauthorized service was apparently added to my account for about 13 hours overnight on a Sunday and I just received a bill for $75 for “Cox Complete Care Cancellation Fee” since someone at Cox made an unauthorized change to my plan that I fixed ASAP?

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • It sounds like you may have recently had a technician out to your home to troubleshoot a problem that was ultimately determined to be an in-home related issue.  If that's the case, there may or may not have been discussion about subscribing to Cox Complete Care which would cover the cost of such visits.  If you do this then cancel, any service visits within the past 90 days deemed to be an in-home related problem would be retroactively billed to your account to discourage you from subscribing to Cox Complete Care for the sole purpose of evading a technician service all fee.

isomac
      New Contributor II

I have never discussed adding "Cox Complete Care" to my plan with anyone in my 25 years as a Cox customer much less actually added it to my plan.  Someone changing my plan to include "Cox Complete Care" without authorization is fraud, no?

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

Well, that depends.  Did you have a service call out recently?  If so, and the findings were the issue cause was inside the home there are two options.  You can pay the service charge for the visit, or you can enroll in Cox Complete Care for a monthly charge after which in-home service visits are free of charge.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

If you had a technician out to your home and repaired an issue in the home, like fixing a cable wire, running a new wire to replace a bad cable, fixing wall plates, etc etc, OR worked with someone at Cox Complete Care, for let's say a personally owned router, they may have added the 10$ a month charge to your account to alleviate the 75$ or 99$ charge for support. If it's removed within 3 months, you get charged the full price of the TC, or assistance with CCC call. 

isomac
      New Contributor II

I definitely did not  had anyone fix a cable wire or discuss adding "Cox Complete Care" to my plan with anyone in my 25 years as a Cox customer much less actually added it to my plan.  Someone changing my plan to include "Cox Complete Care" without authorization is fraud, no?

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

It depends. If it was changed, then there is a record. ALL calls are recorded. Request a supervisor pull and listen to the call.