Forum Discussion

Stingray
New Contributor
2 years ago

Trouble with Windows live mail 2012. Cannot send or receive messages. Windows 7 Pro operating system.

Please help with the following issues.

Trouble with Windows live mail 2012. Cannot send or receive messages. Windows 7 Pro operating system.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

First, delete everything in your outbox. Wait 6 hrs BEFORE you try to send anything! Ensure you are using port 465 for outgoing and for IMAP 993 for incoming, or POP 995.  Check your antivirus., If you have email scanning turned on, try turning it off. 

BTW, Email username does NOT include @cox.net. I removed email username/pwd from the below for safety. 

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

7 and 10, depends on the computer, work station is running win 7, the 48 core dual xeon server running win 10

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

darkatt Could you comment? I think the issue is with Windows 7 and TLS 1.2 support. What OS are you running?

To OP, what error message are you getting? What settings are you using? They should be this;

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I also found this, which mentions Windows 7 doesn't have TLS 1.2 by default and need a update and some registry confirmation to enable. Not for the technical novice.

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

On that note, TLS 1.2 is now required to utilize Windows Update.  If this is a fresh installation of Windows 7 you're working with, you'll need to address the TLS 1.2 issue for anything to work correctly.