Forum Discussion

DB1
New Contributor
6 months ago

The Connection to the outgoing server “smtp.cox.net” failed

Frustrated…tried texting support but they have no clue. Anyway, can anyone help with this error:

Cannot Send Mail
The connection to the outgoing server “smtp.cox.net” failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured for Mail accounts in settings > Mail > Accounts.

Is this related to the transition to Yahoo? I haven’t received notification or instructions yet, so just checking. 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Make sure you have the settings, "My server requires authentication" (SSL),  Use same username/pwd as incoming, and use port 465, IF this is an outlook issue. 

If this is an APPLE client issue, remove, and re-add the account, it's a known bug with apple email products. 

• Hello. I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your email. The error message you have is related to the Email Server Settings; https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-server-settings.html  We can verify if you are still under the Cox server or have transitioned to the Yahoo server; these settings are different. Some notifications were received in other folders within your email box. If you still have trouble sending emails, I'd like to help. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread. You can also reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook. Thank you for choosing Cox for your services. 

DB1
      New Contributor

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I still need help. I’ll send an email from my outlook account. 

DDee
        New Contributor

But you can't send emai,l I sent one and it's sitting in my Out Box with all the others that won't send and stuck!  Also the web address link opens Cox but then says page not found. Great advice!