Forum Discussion

SpaceCrawler
New Contributor
7 months ago

Streaming no longer works with Firefox

I'm trying to stream at watch.cox.com. It's always worked perfectly well for 3 years now. But just over the weekened the streaming no longer works with Firefox browser. It works on Chrome but not on Firefox. I can only imagine that Cox did some software update which conflicts with Firefox. I am using the latest Firefox on a Mac laptop. The error is the page just never loads- see image.
Anyone else experiencing this or know anything about it?

39 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I just want to mention that I also deleted all cookies and web data several times, still doesn't work with Firefox.
    I tried Cox tech support and tried to make them understand that they need to report this as a bug after the tech support guy only checked my signal and gave up. He didn't seem to undertand the concept of recording bugs. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Just something to think about, you said you are using the LATEST version of Firefox, try an earlier version. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

The website loads for me using both MS Edge and Chrome.  It doesn't work for you using Firefox.  How do you know the latest Firefox update didn't cause your issue?

Copy and paste doesn't work on this website.How to: Post images in the Forums with Imgur

If there's a Firefox issue preventing watchtv.cox.com from loading, create a desktop shortcut to load that website using Chrome while leaving Firefox as your default browser for everything else.  Note: Your path to the Chrome executable may vary.

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://watchtv.cox.com/listings/

DRVEGAS  For the Chrome user with an issue, delete cox.com and watchtv.cox.com cookies to force re-authentication with your Cox credentials.

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Is he referring to watch.cox.com or watch tv.cox.com ?

SpaceCrawler
      New Contributor

I'm already watching it with Chrome, just want to fix the issue with Firefox or report it or try to see if others are experiencing it, which I imagine has to be some recent update Cox has done- as it's worked fine for 3 years until this past weekend.

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

Are you referring to watch.cox.com or watchtv.cox.com ?

SpaceCrawler
      New Contributor

Unsure what you're asking. If you're asking me I deleted ALL Cox cookies and website data numerous times, but the streaming doesn't work anymore when using the latest version of Firefox (it does work for me on Chrome). The normal stream link is watchtv.cox.com.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

How do you know the latest Firefox update didn't cause your issue?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    SpaceCrawler wrote:

I deleted all cookies (again)

Cookies must be deleted again because cookies are recreated every time you visit the website, if not found.  Unless you sign out from watchtv.cox.com when leaving, the sign in screen will be bypassed if cox.com and watchtv.cox.com cookies are found.  For you to get past the load screen, you must force the sign in screen to be re-displayed.  To do that, the cookies must be deleted and the browser closed.   But, something else is interfering with sign in.  If your userid and password are saved in browser settings, delete the cookies AND browser settings userid and password, then close the browser.  Theoretically, if the cookies aren't found and browser credentials are deleted/disabled when the website is loaded, it should eliminate all places where userid and password are obtained and force the sign in screen to be displayed.

How to view, change or delete saved passwords on Firefox

From the limited sample at the above link, it appears Firefox identifies the website affected by a password entry in browser settings.  That will make it easier to locate the browser entry to delete.  

I hope this works, but either way, I don't know what else to try, so I'm probably done.  I still believe you have an authentication issue.  Let us know when/if you get it figured out.

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Who is deleting our posts because I'm having the same issue here?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Nobody is deleting posts.  This website just has issues displaying all posts when there are multiple parent-child dependencies.

SpaceCrawler
      New Contributor

Thanks, yes, I have done this in the order specified. No change. When I go to https://watchtv.cox.com/listings or just https://watchtv.cox.com it loads the black "Countour TV, no wconnecting to your entertainment experience" screen where it seems to be trying to load the channels. Even though I cleared the cache, deleted cookies, deleted log in info, and restarted browser. 

DRVEGAS
        Valued Contributor

Have you tried using a different device to see if it works using another device?