Forum Discussion

courtney515
New Contributor II
4 years ago

SLOW UPLOAD SPEED

I have Gigablast - which hardly ever gets the speeds Cox says it is. For months now - multiple times weekly I'm experiencing slow upload speeds .02-.08. Nobody can help. I've had technicians out probably 10 times. They look at it and say "everything is fine" & leave. I call. I message. No help!!  I'm fed up of paying 275$ a month for wishy washy service. Anyone else experiencing this ONGOING slow service? Anything to help?

9 Replies

JIMMYSAB
    New Contributor III

Will someone from Cox just stand up for the customer? Please. It’s so obvious to anyone reading here or anywhere really. I could stand at a local Walmart with a sign saying “Wave to me if you have issues with Cox internet speeds” and likely every single person that walks by would wave. 

Numerous reputable internet articles, thousands of support tickets, millions of hours on the phone with Cox for what? d

Stop wasting our time by sending us all over the place and having us troubleshooting with the same old tired steps. 

Allan
      @Jimmysab, We are more than happy to assist you with any account related concerns. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    Skyzotic
    New Contributor

Yes.  Same problem -- 100 MPBS download and <1MBPS upload which makes all communication apps very difficult to use.  I have my first technician visit this afternoon.  I have not help to offer you -- just hoping that if the community continues to pressure Cox for answers that maybe they'll do something about it.

Jameswyatt73521
      New Contributor II

I am in the exact same boat in oklahoma city. my neighbors called managers at several busineses called i work from home about to lose my job because of horrible upload speeds i have had multiple techs out have cox care i pay extra for entire apartment building rewired even from the pole. they dont check the nodes. I have a conference call yesterday with several of me neighbors and businesses on the phone telling them stop trying to blame us for your dismal upload speeds. from noon to 6pm when we need our net the most we have less than 1mb upload speed. that is not right we are paying for service that doesnt deliver. IF i lose my job i will be lawyering up over this. My job expects me to have reliable service which cox is not providing unfortunately they are my only internet option. i escalated through a manager was guaranteed a tech would be out sooner than the appointment which is for friday. to no avail no call back as promised. here in oklahoma city there is a huge number of people petitioning to get a lawsuit because of this issue that has been going on for months. i am tempted to jump on that bandwagon. i mean the downloads jitter ping all great the upload speeds are dismal. i replaced my moden from cox store 6 months ago. cox call center says they dont show i replaced it. 

Allan
        @Jameswyatt73521, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this ongoing upload issue to cox.help@cox.com and we will take a closer look for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello Courtney515,

My apologies. I regret to hear you are experiencing slow speeds. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator