Forum Discussion

AKrapt73
New Contributor
7 years ago

Send Mail Broken on All Version of Outlook

About 2 weeks ago, sending mail with Outlook 2016 stopped working. First symptom was mail stuck in Outbox. Several sessions with Chat proved useless, as I knew more about Windows, Outlook and mail protocols than all of the technicians which I consider troublesome. I did go through the drills and changed mail server configurations:

pop.cox.net (Incoming)  Port: 995 (SSL)

smtp.cox.net (Outgoing) Port: 465 (SSL)

Errors posted are either of the following:

Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 552 5.2.0 g26C1x00S12WBbz0126EXe This message was undel.

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxxxx@cox.net' on 4/29/2018 9:23 PM

552 5.2.0 gRP51x00A4Ti44G01RP68d This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information.

The last response from COX mail server is troubling, since mail sent to myself is considered Spam.

Have other COX users encountered this Draconian error and message? I used Outlook mail client successful on Cox for more than a decade, so I'm perplexed that this is occurring and COX technicians seem clueless. Further, the message at the URL in the last message seem more a Spam editorial than technical procedures to fix the broken mail system. I'm a very frustrated COX customer and am considering an alternative.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AKrapt73
    New Contributor

I retested Outlook send mail with simple message: no attachments & no signature - sent to my cox.net address - and process failed and following message returned:

on 4/29/2018 11:12 PM

552 5.2.0 gTCU1x00d4Ti44G01TCVcr This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainstspam for more information.

How did Cox Mail become so messed up!! Tragic and an incredible time waster, and, of course, not free.

• Hi AKrapt73, log into your cox.com account and go to Cox Webmail. Are you able to successfully send a test message from one of your Cox email accounts and receive it in the Webmail Inbox of the other Cox email account? - Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      AKrapt73
      New Contributor

This response is to WiderMouthOpen and Becky:

1. Webmail works: I can send Webmail to Webmail and Webmail to another cox.net address.

2. Based on Blacklist checker, my IP address is not blacklisted.

In summary, this noxious problem started  about two weeks ago and occurs on Outlook 2016 on my desktop and Outlook 2010 on my laptop. I'm very close to taken the deep plunge of changing ISP, after 20+ years with COX. However, my professional associations are suffering since I can not respond to emails. Adding insult to injury, one of the Chat techs mentioned that COX has a monthly fee service to assist in resolving this type of issue. How quickly the Microsoft model is offered!!.