Forum Discussion

Mike_SD
New Contributor
4 years ago

Second router??

I have panoramic wifi in my house. I play online games on console in the garage one room away. Wifi skips and lags somewhat. Is there anyway to add another router to my garage so i can have my console running through ethernet cable?

3 Replies

Mike_SD
    New Contributor

Also the internet system was installed inside the house to a coaxial cable in the wall. Now can that router be moved to another coaxial cable in a different area of the house(ex: to a coaxial wire that was for a tv cable box? Or does the panoramic wifi router have to be started and running from the wall mounted jack location? If this makes any sense lol.

Mike_SD
    New Contributor

Thanks for the info and suggestions...the issue im having is to run an ethernet cable to the location i want is going to be mostly from inside into garage and around so many walls i would need about 100-150ft of wire and with that long of a wire i have seen that Its not recommended for live gaming. When the door is shut it almost a 1-2 full second lag time and for what i pay for the service and amount of download/upload speed it shouldn't do that. Honestly i had at&t internet lower of a plan and it ran alot fast on my console. So im wondering whats happening. 

bearone2
    Contributor III

i do it with an older netgear router, harwired to panoramic unit, then netgear hardwired to backup pc.

speed is quite a bit slower than both wired/wifi from panoramic unit.