Forum Discussion

Dave_M
New Contributor
4 years ago

Repeated Connection Drops

It is very random, but my 3 month old Cox panoramic modem/router will just drop internet connection. I also see occasional tears and freezes when watching TV while streaming You Tube wirelessly. I have been having significant issues with my Cox modem dropping connection every 15-20 minutes for a 30-60 second duration.  It will then reconnect and work just fine for another 15-20 minutes before dropping connection again for 30-60 seconds.  Each time the modem lights all stay on and appear to be working fine. It may happen 5-10 times in a row, or not at all for days. It is very frustrating as I use my computer for work, I have called as well as "Chatted" cox support a number of times and they report that my signals look very strong and that there is no issue whatsoever. The provided coax cable from the wall is plugged directly into the Cox cable modem now with no splitter or interruption. I have checked all cables and appear in good condition.My Cox modem is plugged directly into my PC with Cat5e. no wireless. Also internet has dropped twice just while typing this.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DR2020
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue with my internet.  I have followed all the troubleshooting recommendations, and have even upgraded to the next level of internet service, all to no avail.  I too work from home, and this is creating a big hardship

DustinP
      An off and on issue can be very frustrating and difficult to diagnose when there isn't an obvious failing signal level or packet loss detected at the time of troubleshooting. We would like to look at things at the time they are happening for you to run some tests at the time the issue is present. Please email Cox.Help@cox.com with your complete address, and a copy of the address for this forum discussion that represents your issue for further support.

Dustin
      Cox Forum Support Moderator
    Mike_G
    New Contributor

Same issues here for months now. I have Escalated to executive escalations department and still no help at all. Consistent drops in connection and when the connection does work it's 1/200 of the speed it's supposed to be. 

ildogeserx
    New Contributor

Having the same issue , would be fine for 15-30 mins , it's pretty random and then modem starts blinking orange . Followed all recommended trouble shooting and Its still going on.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Ildogeserx

I've checked the modem signal levels and there showing some noise on the line and T3 which would cause an intermittent signal. Please unplug the power cord, unscrew all coax ends, and if there's a splitter bypass it. Reseat coax ends hand tight power up. If still having an issue then email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com to schedule a technician out.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Dave M

I have taken a detailed look at the node in your area there was an open ticket that's been resolved on 12/16/20. Please reboot all equipment and if you continue to have an intermittent issue email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com for further trouble shooting.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      SlumLumberdog
      New Contributor

Having this exact same issue.  JONATHAN - PLEASE HELP.... every time I try to get help, the "tech support" chat is the same run around.  Check your cables.  Check your plugs.  Oh, your modem is old, go buy a new one (done).  Oh your router is old, go buy a new one.  Oh, it must be the modem so call their tech support.  its a runaround that I have done giving Cox the benefit of the doubt.  But, its the exact same issue as listed here and I can't break through to get help to actually fix the problem

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        I'm sorry to hear this has been so difficult. I checked from this end and do see that the modem is running an extremely high transmit power level suggesting a technician may need to come out and troubleshoot further. Feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com for further assistance getting that setup.

-Chris